About this course
An extensive and multidisciplinary discipline with never ending potential, Agricultural sciences is a field of biology that incorporates various natural, scientific, economic and social issues that are used in the practice and understanding of agriculture.
Department of Agricultural Sciences
Ranked one among the best agricultural sciences colleges in Punjab, UIAS offers an integrated B.Sc (Agriculture) + MBA – Integrated program that awards you with bachelors as well as a masters degree in a period of five years only. It is a specialized program with strong emphasis on the incorporation of technology and management in Agriculture & Food Business. The curriculum of the program has a practical bias that is updated regularly to meet the ongoing market needs. It enables the students to meet the industry requirements and provides a plethora of opportunities.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Scholarship Admission Test (CU-SAT)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - 10+2 examination with Science (English, Physics, Chemistry, Maths/ Biology) OR 10+2 with Agriculture with minimum 50% marks in aggregate(45% in case of SC/ST category)
|Semester Fee||60000/- INR (1-8 sem) + (9th onwards) 80000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|30000/- INR||30000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|15000/- INR||45000/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|6000/- INR||54000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Pathway After Agricultural
This integrated program caters you with the opportunities in the world’s flourishing sector as agriculture has transcended beyond traditional farming. Various career preferences existing for them include-
- Government jobs in various sectors including Agriculture, Banking and more are recruiting postgraduates to fill up Officer level posts.
- Private Sector- Graduates may find jobs as Managers at Plantations, as Officers in Fertilizer & Pestcides firm, Seed & Farm Machinery Industries, Food Processing Industry and more.