About this course
An abstract study of number, quantity, and space, Mathematics is a broad area, which applies to various other disciplines also. Masters' of Science (M.Sc) in Mathematics is a highly-specialized degree program that develops acute and abstract reasoning skills by offering profound insight into core concepts and principles of mathematics.
M.Sc. Mathematics at Chandigarh University
UIS' rigorous M.Sc program is an opportunity that fosters aesthetic appreciation for mathematical thinking. The exemplary and Best M.Sc Mathematics College in Punjab works on the comprehensive approach of augmenting logical, reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills of the budding mathematicians. To uphold scientific integrity and objectivity in professional endeavors, and to stand among the Best Colleges for M.Sc Mathematics in Punjab, we cater the students with a stimulating learning model comprising of theoretical work, research projects, expert interactions, industry exposure and a lot more.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Scholarship Admission Test (CU-SAT)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - Bachelor's Degree with atleast 50% marks in aggregate (Incase of SC/ST category 45%) in Arts / Science with Mathematics as compulsory subject.
|Semester Fee||30000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|15000/- INR||15000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|7500/- INR||22500/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|3000/- INR||27000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
LEVEL OF STUDY :
Pathway After Mathematics
These Post-Graduates can find numerous job opportunities in public and private sector organizations and banks. Being a domain-focused degree, another option for candidates after M.Sc. in Mathematics is to opt for teaching in either government or private educational institutions. These Post-Graduates can also find jobs in software companies as a numerical analyst in computer system design, operation research, software programming and more. Some of the top-notch IT companies recruiting these Post-Graduates include Oracle, Microsoft, Google, etc..