About this course
Electronic and Communications Engineering is the utilization of science and math applied to practical problems in the field of communications. Electronic communication engineers engage in research, design, development and testing of the electronic equipments used in various communications systems.
Electronics and Communication Engineering at UIE, the Best ECE Engineering College in Punjab objects to produce quality professionals who can enter the challenging industry by carrying out Basic and Applied Research. Our course set encourage students to develop an in-depth knowledge of theoretical as well as practical aspects of modern 'communications and signal processing' (CSP) signals and systems, while carrying out basic and applied research in the emerging areas of the field.
The major driving force for the present day Information Technology revolution is the development in Electronics Engineering. Penetration of electronics has now revolutionized other areas like health care, instrumentation, automation, remote sensing, signal processing and many more. By 2020, the Electronics & Communication sector in India is expected to be an USD 29 Billion consumer market. Growing significantly, the industry has heightened at a rate 9.88% between 2011 and 2015 and is expected to be bright in the coming decade as well.
Department at a glance
- Research Intensive Academia
- Globally Comparable, Industry - Aligned Curriculum
- Unprecedented Industry Patronage
- Impeccable Placements
- Project based & Experiential Learning
- Wipro- It & Mulitimedia (Industry Sponsored)
- Videocon-Connect Advanced Communication Lab (Industry Sponsored)
- Embedded & Robotics Lab
- VLSI Lab
- Communication Lab
- Intel - Iot & Intelligent System Lab (Industry Sponsored)
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Biology with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in the aggregate.
|Semester Fee||80000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|40000/- INR||40000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|20000/- INR||60000/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|8000/- INR||72000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Pathway After Electronics And Communication engineering
On our departmental website We have one option “Pathway After Electronics and Communication Engineering”.Under this we want to update the top recruiter list.
We want to divide the top recruiter list in four categories as mentioned below:
- Core Companies such as Intel, Samsung, Texas Instruments, Nvidia, Motorola, Verizon.
- Telecommunication Industry such as Ericsson, Airtel, Vodafone, Siemens, Videocon, Emerson.
- Govt. Departments/PSUs such as ISRO, BHEL, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, BEL.
- IT Companies such as Microsoft, Google, Infosys, TCS, IBM, Wipro, Accenture, HCL.