About this course
ME with major in Electrical Engineering (Hons) is a specialized postgraduate program that target the needs of the on-going and potential education system. In this program, the students are imparted with fundamental as well as complex knowledge of concepts of electrical engineering.
Ranked among the Best Teacher Training Institutes in Punjab, UITTR retains the quality of education system by constantly augmenting the teaching methodologies, research infrastructure, and industrial & research collaborations. Our learning enriched environment and globally adaptable course set inculcates the students with vital technical skills, essential to furnish the growing needs of the industry.
In a vast populated country like India, the requirement of energy is never-ending, thus generating numerous opportunities for electrical engineers.
Department at a glance
- New- Age Education Training
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System
- Industry Visits to Hydel & Thermal Power Plants
- Unprecedented Industry Patronage
- Impeccable Placements
- Project based & Experiential Learning
- Industry-aligned Curriculum
- Videocon – Connect Advanced Communication Lab
- Switchgear & Protection Lab
- Smart Grid Lab
- Electrical Machine Design Lab
- Electrical Estimation and Costing Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Simulation Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab
- Linear Control Systems Lab
- Electrical Measurements and Measuring Instruments (EMMI) Lab
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Lab
- Electrical Machines Lab
- Analog and Digital Electronics Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Numerical Analysis Lab
- CAPSA Lab
Eligibility & Fee Details - UNIVERSITY SPONSORED
Eligibility - Recognized Bachelor’s degree with 60% marks in aggregate in Engineering/ Technology in concerned branch and Candidate must have a valid GATE/CU-PG Entrance Test Score.
Pathway After Electrical Engineering
A Specialized degree in electrical engineering ensures a lucrative career in a highly evolved industry. Electrical Engineers (EE) are needed in all manufacturing units; All major companies of public and private sector such as Electricity Boards, Large Scale Industries, Manufacturing Plants, Power Corporations, Hydro- Electricity sector are continuously in need of Electrical Engineers for their projects. Electrical Engineers also find opportunities in Design Industries, Production plants, Natural gas plants, Petroleum as well as in steel and chemical plants. Electrical Engineers have great opportunities with major players in the Public Sector as well.