About this course
ME - Mechanical Engineering (Hons) is a two-year postgraduate program that equips the students with the explicit knowledge and skills, related to wide-ranging concepts of the Mechanical Engineering. The advanced applications of formulation, design, development and control of varied systems and components like thermodynamics, mechanics, fluid mechanics etc. are taught in this specialized major.
University Institute of Teacher Training and Research, a coveted department of Chandigarh University is a centre of research and training that cultivates a new breed of educators. Acknowledged as one among the Best Teacher Training Institutes in Punjab, the department has earned high-flying recognition for its innovative approaches and experiential learning.
According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of mechanical engineers is projected to grow 5 percent from 2014 to 2024.
Department at a glance
- New- Age Education Training
- Globally Comparable, Flexible Choice Based Academics
- Curriculum designed with Inputs of Industry Leaders
- Industry Sponsored Labs
- Outstanding Placements
- Project based & Experiential Learning
- MSC Center of Excellence
- VE Commercial Vehicles
- Applied Thermodynamics Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Mechanical Measurement And Control Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Lab
- Fluid Machinery Lab
- Mechanical Vibrations Lab
- Automobile Lab
- Industrial Automation and Robotics
Eligibility & Fee Details - UNIVERSITY SPONSORED
Eligibility -Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST category) in the qualifying examination.
Graduates of the Department of Mechanical engineering (ME) will be prepared to:
- Join a technically sophisticated workforce as successful, practicing engineers in a wide range of mechanical engineering fields.
- Continuously improve and expand their technical and professional skills through formal means as well as through informal self-study.
- Pursue advanced degrees in engineering, business, or other professional fields.
- Advance themselves professionally and personally by accepting responsibilities and pursuing leadership roles.