About this course
Mechanical Engineering is the art and science of designing, development and control of systems and components such as fluid mechanics, material science, thermodynamics, kinematics, etc. Mechanical engineers use these core concepts along with tools like computer-aided design (CAD), and product lifecycle management to design, analyze and manufacturing of equipments.
Department of Mechanical Engineering - broadly recognized as one among the best engineering colleges in Punjab has carved a mark by producing a competent workforce in the past years. As a postgrauate student, you will get the opportunity to learn from the professionally trained faculty and Industry experts who will mentor you at every step.
According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of mechanical engineers is projected to grow 5 percent from 2014 to 2024.
Department at a glance
- Globally Comparable, Flexible Choice Based Academics
- Curriculum designed with Inputs of Industry Leaders
- Industry Sponsored Labs
- Outstanding Placements
- Project based & Experiential Learning
- MSC Center of Excellence
- VE Commercial Vehicles
- Applied Thermodynamics Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Mechanical Measurement And Control Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Lab
- Fluid Machinery Lab
- Mechanical Vibrations Lab
- Automobile Lab
- Industrial Automation and Robotics
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility -Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST category) in the qualifying examination.
|Semester Fee||40000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|20000/- INR||20000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|10000/- INR||30000/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|4000/- INR||36000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Pathway After Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineers play a vital role in varied industries such as automotive, manufacturing, automation, aerospace, biotechnology, computers and electronics, chemical, construction, energy conversion and more. A Mechanical Engineer can work in both private or public companies. The degree holders are acquired by many big firms both in India and abroad.
Top companies recruiting Mechanical Engineers are as follows:
- Ashok Leyland
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Tata Motors
- PSUs such as BHEL, BPCL, DRDO, Indian Oil, GAIL, NTPC.
- IT firms such as Infosys, TCS, Wipro, HCL, Tech Mahindra and also construction giants like L&T.
- Maruti Suzuki
- Various construction giants like L&T