What is Food Technology?
Food Technology is a science which deals with the techniques and principles involved in processing and preserving the food substances. The study of food technology is to develop new methods and systems for keeping food products safe and resistant from natural harms such as bacteria and other micro-organisms. Food Technology involves a blend of physical, chemical or microbiological processes and techniques for transforming raw ingredients into food and also other forms in food processing industry. Food processing refers to converting the raw ingredients into edible components or transforming food into other edible forms.
About B.E. Food Technology
The four year Under-Graduate program B.E. in Food Technology program, Best Food Technology engineering program in punjab, is a comprehensive program with an objective to offer in-depth study of various areas related to Food Science and Technology so as to enable the students to understand food composition its nutritional, microbiological and sensory aspects. This program also trains the students in the processing and preservation techniques of food items. They are also taught about the importance of safety, quality, plant sanitation of food, food laws and regulations, and packaging in food industry. The program enables the students to undergo and possess entrepreneurial and industry knowledge which includes latest technology used in the food processing industry.
DEPARTMENT AT A GLANCE
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System
- Industry Visits to Hydel & Thermal Power Plants
- Unprecedented Industry Patronage
- Impeccable Placements
- Project based & Experiential Learning
- Industry-aligned Curriculum
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - 10+2 with Physics as compulsory subjects along with any two of the following subjects: Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Biology/ Mathematics with at least 50% marks in the aggregate.
|Semester Fee||80000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|40000/- INR||40000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|20000/- INR||60000/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|8000/- INR||72000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Why to study BE in Food Technology at Chandigarh University?
- Flexible Choice Based Academic Model with wide choice of Elective subjects to choose from that can be tailored to the specific interests and needs of the student.
- Emphasis on Hands-on Practical Training
- State-of-Art Infrastructure based on the pattern of premier institutes such as IIFPT, IIFST, IFST, CSIR
- Regular Visits to Food Production and Food Processing Units to enhance Experiential Learning
- Academic Training and Learning under renowned scientist and academicians from Industry and Research Institutes.
- Industry tie-ups and certifications from leading Food Processing and Production Companies
- Learn from renowned and Celebrity Chefs of India and Foreign Countries
- Choice to Study Abroad under Semester Aboard in 230+ top notch International Universities of USA, Canada, Australia, UK & 20 other countries
- Entrepreneurship training module as an integral part of the academic set-up
Pathway After Food Technology engineering
Career Scope after Degree in Food Technology
Being an agriculture based economy, the food production and processing sector has always been important in India. With the blend of new technology, international food chains & food production coming to Indian market, the demand for quality food products in India has grown manifolds opening new career avenues for the professionals in the field. With Government planning to set-up 42 mega food parks all over the country, top notch global food processing brands are coming to India to set-up their production and processing units offering about 1.2 million jobs over the next five years. It is estimated that about 5 million new jobs would be generated in Food Processing Industry all over the world offering plethora of opportunities of the fresh talent.
- Food Manufacturing & Processing (Grains, fruits, vegetables, fish, meat etc.)
- Dairy Firms
- Poultry Firms
- Bakeries & Confectionaries
- Academia & Research Institutes
- Food Packaging