UNPRECEDENTED INDUSTRY PATRONAGE
Chandigarh University has forged industrial alliances with Top MNC's worldwide which assures high educational standards, up to- date and forward-thinking curricula, and professional relevance. At Chandigarh University you will have a distinct advantage through exposure to corporate standard environment through industry sponsored infrastructure and expert faculty.
The University involves global industry leaders in many ways:
Corporate Advisory Board: The unique Corporate Advisory board consisting of senior functionaries from IBM India, Microsoft, SAP Labs, Bank of America, Grail Research, The Oberoi and many more etc. helps in strategic planning to lay the roadmap for future endeavors giving a global prospective, quality, corporate culture, corporate practices etc. through brainstorming and strategy planning sessions.
Board of Studies: Each Board of Studies has technical experts from relevant industries, who actively support and monitor planning & execution of academic programs; providing regular support and recommendations to our faculty members. The representatives hail from various companies like Infosys, Quark India, CSIO, IBM, Deutsche, Vardhman Technologies, CRISIL, ITC etc.
Faculty Empowerment Program: Faculty development is essential for improving teacher effectiveness at all levels of the educational continuum. Industrial houses provide faculty of the university with opportunities for training and development through faculty empowerment programs on a regular basis giving a quality edge to the teaching learning process.
Expert Sessions and Industrial Visits: Industrial connoisseurs regularly visit the university to provide first hand exposure to corporate culture, industrial requirements, latest technological advancements and career options through interactive sessions with the students. Students of the university are given an opportunity to have hands on experience on industrial operation & set-up through mandatory industrial visits which is only possible because of the fine-feathered industry interface maintained at various levels.
ROBUST INDUSTRY INTERFACE
The enthusiasm of innovative projects shown by the students is matched by the industry through continuous guidance and supervision from the sponsoring industrial houses. These multi-faceted collaborations offer you experiential learning via projects, professional competence, internships, enhanced placement opportunities and skill enhancement. The major facilities include the following:
Our Strategic Industrial Collaborations:
MICROSOFT INNOVATION CENTER
North India's 1st Innovation center provides world class resources and support for students, entrepreneurs and startups, accelerating the creation of new companies, jobs and growth of the local software ecosystem. Microsoft Innovation Center offers a comprehensive set of programs and services to foster innovation and growth sustainable local software economies to students.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy - Microsoft training delivered by experts to help technologists continually learn, with hundreds of Microsoft training courses.
- Microsoft Technology Associate Certificate Program - MTA certifications allow you to explore career options in ITand validate your understanding of core concepts in IT infrastructure, databases and software development. They can also help prepare you for more advanced technology education and certifications.
- Empowering Women - Microsoft has initiated this program to empower women to play an active role in technology. CU has set a new benchmark by registering 1180 female engineers under this program.
- Microsoft Student Partner- Under this program, Student Partners are offered training especially in product-specific skills. MSP program aims to enhance students' employability and increase students' awareness of Microsoft technologies, programs and initiatives.
MICROSOFT - GLOBAL TECHNICAL SUPPORT CENTER (GTSC)
Microsoft India GTSC provides technical resolution services to Microsoft's customers and partners across geographies. The center works towards helping enterprises optimize their IT investments and keep their businesses productive around the clock. Chandigarh University and Microsoft - Global Technical Support Center (GTSC), India joined hands to groom and hire final semester students of Chandigarh University to go through a packed technical and overall readiness program for 4 months, both through classroom training and mentoring, to make them experts with Microsoft products and technologies that prepare them to help solve technical problems. This trainee program builds abilities and helps nurture a career in technology by providing challenging situations in various environments. Upon successful completion of the training, trainees are selected as Support Engineers and Partner Technical consultant.
IBM SOFTWARE LAB FOR EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES – 1st in India
IBM Software Lab for Emerging Technologies is an advancing information technology lab through research in software and services, and provides leadership by delivering innovations to various sectors. The lab is focused on a wide array of projects in exploratory and applied research. Under this academic initiative CU and IBM are also offering collaborated courses in cloud computing, information security, big data and business analytics
- Exposure to Open-source and specialized software such as Cognos, DB2, SPSS and Study material and live projects designed and provided by IBM
- Global Entrepreneur Program (GEP) supports and resources to startups with latest software, industry expertise and promotion
- Professional Certification from IBM, ensuring availability of industry ready IBM certified students.
- A self-sustaining model to ensure a continuous stream of competent skills in the market.
- Building strong linkages between IBM, Academia, IBM's Business Partners and Clients, various other industry groups and Government, for a collaborative ecosystem in the software industry.
IMS Academy is a unique simulation based Infrastructure Operations training Practice Oriented Model with fully automated Simulation Lab & Operations Platform. To provide a comprehensive ‘practice’ oriented training to groom students in IMS Technologies and transform them to a good ‘IMS Professionals’ with the required Skills, Competencies, and Essential practices, Tech Mahindra established North India’s first IMS Academy at Chandigarh University Campus.
- Tech Mahindra designs and operate educational programs to meet the learning and development needs of Tech Mahindra and other IT companies
- Students are given knowledge of Computer Hardware, operating System, Computer Network, Network Security, Database and hands on experience on these domains.
- Certification of IMS Tech Mahindra upon successful completion of the training program
- The successful candidates will be observed by Tech Mahindra immediately after the training and will also have a chance to work with world’s other leading IT companies
VIDEOCON – CONNECT ADVANCED COMMUNICATION LAB:
CU in association with Quadrant Televentures Limited (QTL) has setup an advanced communication lab for the students and faculty of Electronics and Communication Engineering. Along with specialized training, QTL will also facilitate students with expert sessions and onsite training. This collaboration will benefit students with live projects, industry exposure leading to domain specific placements.
- A live simulation environment to impart practical technical knowledge to the students and faculty of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Hands on experience of live latest technologies like, RF optimization, Network planning, EMF, Transmission, Broadband (Wi-Fi and DSL), FTTH, WBB, GSM and CDMA etc.
- Opportunity for students to equip themselves with field specific knowledge through onsite training, live projects, industrial tours.
- Placement opportunities in electronics and communication, and other aligned fields.
More Prominent TIE-UP's
WIPRO MISSION 10X TECHNOLOGY LEARNING CENTER: One of the two of its kind in the region, MTLC provides for the high end FPGA based electronic product design through the use of Unified technology learning platform. Project work by the students is directly monitored by Wipro Experts. Projects range can span over the fields of communication, medical electronics, robotics, mobile app development and more for students to b industry ready.
MSC CENTER OF EXCELLENCE: Computer Aided Engineering center which provides modeling and simulation solutions. The MSC Centre of Excellence lab is equipped with expertise tools, software’s and systems for sustainability assessment of products, standard analysis, and sustainable manufacturing. Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Multi Body Dynamics (MBD), MSC Nastran, MSC Patran, LS-Dyna are some of the advanced software application available at the facility.
ORACLE ACADEMY LAB: The Oracle Academy is one of the most comprehensive academic offerings in the IT industry, providing software, technology, business curriculum, and certification resources to teachers in secondary and higher education institutions. The program delivers hands-on technical experience to prepare students for both IT and business careers, and provides faculty with professional development resources to further their own careers.
VE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES: Under this training program students are trained on the technical and interpersonal skills as per the requirements of Volvo Eicher. This job-oriented training program is designed specifically for graduating students and focuses on fulfilling the gap of academia and industry. Students are offered placements during final semester upon successful completion of the training.
ALLELE LIFE SCIENCES: For conducting collaborative research projects. It facilitates exchange of academic information and materials, Internship programs and apprenticeship.
IHG (INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL GROUP): IHG Academy provides students opportunities in employment and skill development in one of the world’s largest hotel companies. It includes giving hand on work experience and professional conducted programs.
THE TAJ: CU has joined hands with TAJ Hotels - Chandigarh. This MOU aims to provide our students with the best of training and guidance from one of the best hotel organization in the world
COX AND KINGS: Cox and Kings is one of the oldest and most renowned of travel agency in the world. Our alliance with them gives our student an added advantage to train under their expert and professional guidance.
LIGARE AVIATION: Ligare Aviation has signed MOU under which state of the art Tourism Lab has been set up, industry-academic certification programs and IATA certification course are also offered to our students.