About this course
Inducing the aspirants with different genres of language, Master of Arts (M.A.) in English is a postgraduate program that provides learners with a sound base in English as well as exposure to literature, spanning from ancient Greek, Latin Literature to Contemporary.
Masters of Arts in English at Chandigarh Univeristy
Taking a master's degree in English can offer a number of benefits ranging from enhanced career prospects to sound knowledge of international language to improved problem solving skills in the allied concepts. The domain focused program-- MA in English offered by UILLC, the Best College for MA in Punjab provides students with a good understanding of the major linguistic features of English and solid grasp to the issues revolving around it. Our curriculum with a balanced spread over the concepts, context, ideological shifts and major trends in English, effective pedagogy and ultra modern skill enhancing labs makes us a prominent name among the Best Colleges for MA in Punjab.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Scholarship Admission Test (CU-SAT)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Eligibility & Fee Details - 25000/- Per Semester
Eligibility - Recognized Bachelor Degree with English as a subject with atleast 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST category) OR Bachelor's of Arts with English as compulsory subject with 50% marks.
|Semester Fee||25000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|12500/- INR||12500/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|6250/- INR||18750/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|2500/- INR||22500/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Uniform Fee (One Time)||2900/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|CU Fest (Anually)||500/- INR|
|Fresher Party (One Time)||150/- INR|
LEVEL OF STUDY :
Pathway After Arts
A master's degree in English is a domain-focused program that caters the students with a sound understanding of the major linguistic features of English. These graduates can look-up for opportunities in both public and private sector organizations. Besides teaching and media, some of the other profiles that they can engage-in include Copywriting, Editing, jobs with BPO and KPO firms, Public Relation and more.