Department of Interior Design at Chandigarh University aims to educate a diverse student population to become creative thinkers, who through their creative abilities, will contribute to the professional design sphere in order to create a better world.
- Combines creativity & intuition with a sound technical comprehension of the various aspects of Interior design
- Provides a platform for Innovation, Consultancy & Entrepreneurship
- Offers in-depth knowledge of the Technical and Graphical aspects, Design Process and Studio Techniques required to solve new-age design problems
- Develops the ability to conceptualize, plan, design, and detail the functional and aesthetical interior spaces, ranging from small residential spaces to large public & commercial spaces
- Facilitates the learning to demonstrate schematic design with comprehensive skills including research, strategic decision making, 3D ideation, free-hand sketching, diagrammatic & technical drawings, digital drawings, model-making, and more
- Offers thorough knowledge of the elements and principles of Design, History, Theory, and Philosophy, and the Sociological and Psychological aspects of the field.
What Makes Department of Interior Design Unique?
By choosing to study Interior Design at CU, you will be choosing an artistic environment that focuses more on the aesthetics and styles of interiors, with an emphasis on themes, decor & styling, surface materials, finishes, furniture, and crafts. Other features that make us unique among interior design colleges are:
- Industry-led curriculum at par with industry standards
- State-of-the-Art Infrastructure to enhance the student experience
- Unique teaching & student support system for unparalleled results
- Participation in Creative Workshops, Market Surveys, Internships, Corporate Seminars, Conferences, Design Trips & more for first-hand exposure & understanding of the work ethics of the corporate world
- 360 ° learning approach with the inclusion of interdisciplinary subjects for niche absorption in the industry
Programs in Interior Design
Eligibility Criteria : 10+2 or its equivalient with minimum 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST category) in any stream conducted by any recognized Board/ University /
Course Duration : 3 Years