About this course
Master of Science (M.Sc.) - Agriculture with specialization in Plant Pathology offered by Department of Agricultural Sciences at Chandigarh University, one among the best colleges for Agricultural Sciences in Punjab, is a two-year post graduate program that enables students to acquire specialized skills and core plant pathology specific knowledge. Specific Skills of Plant Pathologists include disease diagnosis, plant pathogen isolation and culturing, and identification of plant pathogenic organisms whereas Core Plant Pathology Specific Knowledge areas that could be further taken by our students include mycology, virology, bacteriology, ecology, disease epidemiology, molecular and more.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Pathway After MSc Agriculture (Plant Pathology)
The scope for Plant Pathology specialists is available both in the public and private sectors. One can pursue a career as a Plant Geneticist, Plant Breeder, Aquatic Botanist, Limnologist, Physiologist, Plant Pathologist, Professor, Consultant, Agricultural Engineer, Inspector at District and State Level, or can start their own business. Opportunities are also available in areas like R&D, sales, extension, administration, regulatory work, and private practice, etc.