About this course
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Botany is a two-year post-graduate program that offers plenty of specializations, namely Plant Tissue Culture & Morphogenesis, Plant Ecology, Plant Physiology, Plant diversity, and Medicinal Plants, Phylogeny and Embryology of Angiosperms, Mycology, Cytogenetics, Plant Taxonomy, etc. Pursue M.Sc. in Botany from University Institute of Sciences, Chandigarh University, ranked among the top colleges for sciences in Punjab to undertake interdisciplinary research that covers all verticals of the field via focusing on
- Plant Biodiversity via exploring the new area
- Development stages of in vitro raised plants and devising new protocols to save threatened germplasm
- Bioactive molecules in the cultures under in vitro conditions
- Embryological, anatomical, physiological effect of abiotic and biotic factors on a plant system
- Endomycorrhizal and ectomycorrhizal studies in various plant species
M.Sc. Botany at Chandigarh University
Right from inception, the advanced education and cutting-edge research offered by the Best M.Sc. Botany College in Punjab, UIS have established a breakthrough of delivering academic distinction. The outcome based teaching model comprising of theoretical work, research projects, seminars, resource learning and hands-on laboratory work, and the tranquil approach of imparting fundamentals underpins the competences of the students.
Learning environment, UIS, Punjab's Best College for M.Sc. Botany focuses on inculcating the spirit of hard work and research aptitude, contributing to the standardization and amelioration of on-going field practices.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
LEVEL OF STUDY :
Pathway After M.Sc. in Botany
Botany is considered to be having a wider spectrum of employability, as it covers Research, Academia, Government and Private Sector Jobs. The career prospects ranges from various National Research Institutes such as Botanical Survey of India (BSI), Wildlife Institute of India (WII), National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources (NBPGR), National Botanic Research Institute (NBRI), National Institutes of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Academician in Universities/Colleges at various levels to Indian Forest Officer through UPSC, Conservationist, Curator, Field officer, Wildlife Project Officer, Naturalist, Garden Supervisor and more.