About this course
M.Sc. Zoology is a two-year postgraduate program that involves the scientific learning of all facets of animal life ranging from microscopic single-celled organisms to complex multicellular organisms. The interdisciplinary curriculum facilitated by the University Institute of Sciences, ranked among the best M. Sc. in Zoology colleges in Punjab, impart the practical skills of immunology, physiology, and genetics in diagnosis. Along with empowering students with practical skills to comprehend the physiology and other functions of each and every vital system, our program inculcates the spirit of resource conservation and love for nature.
- Study of species-level systematics of various animals and their geological, ecological and molecular processes
- Study of interactions and functions of biological molecules
- Biochemistry, physiology, cell biology, ecology, evolution and clinical aspects of microorganisms
- Drug discovery process in pharmaceutical science especially for the development of antibodies and vaccines
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
LEVEL OF STUDY :
Pathway After M.Sc. Zoology
Zoology is considered to be having a wider spectrum of employability, as it covers corporate, academia, and research and government sector jobs. Its job prospects range from Animal Biodiversity Prospecting to Research Scientist Covering Academic Jobs, Epidemiologist, Embryologist, Associate Editor Zoology, Aquaculture Technical Assistant, Animal Rehabilitator, Nutrition Specialist, Field Trials Officer and many more.