About this course
The best 2-year ME Geotechnical Engineering course in India will make you capable of analyzing, designing the structures. Our postgraduate course at Chandigarh University, along with these skills, will prepare the students to construct effective structures in geo-techniques and geotechnical engineering. The world-class infrastructure and lab facilities help students to create two or three-dimensional models.
Masters in Geotechnical Engineering including defining the soil strength and deformation properties. It uses scientific methods and principles of engineering, and give knowledge of the physical properties of the ground, numerical calculations, analysis of the stability of slopes and cliffs, and assessing load-bearing capacity. Research and development in geotechnical engineering is carried out to improve methods for surveying and testing sediment and rock samples in a laboratory.
The geotechnical engineering market in Asia-Pacific is expected to witness 6.5% CAGR between 2019 and 2024. (Market Research Future)
- Create unbelievable models with world-class infrastructure and lab facilities
- Scientific methods and principles of engineering
- 6.5% CAGR Growth expected by 2024
- Technology-aligned and Industry-oriented program
- Engineering behavior of Earth materials
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
The course at Chandigarh University focuses on the following software:
The software helps in automatic model generation and it is a virtual reality software for deep excavations.
It helps to analyze and evaluate the rock slopes under seismic conditions and dynamic forces, on the basis of a given accelerogram.
This Windows-based analysis program virtually handles all types of piles, including drilled shafts, steel pipes, H-piles, pre-cast concrete piles, auger-cast piles, timber piles, jetted Piles, etc.
Geotechnical Engineers have job opportunities in ONGC, Urban planning departments, Government Port Trusts, PWD, Municipal Corporations, NHAI, Indian Railways, etc. and play the following roles.
- Supervise Site
- Inspect soil, bedrock, and rock
- Manage Project
- Estimate Cost
- Design Foundation