About this course
Master of Engineering - Electronics & Communication Engineering (ME-ECE) with specialization in Nanotechnology is a two-year industry oriented program that offers hands-on learning in all aspects of nano fabrication and characterization tools. Ranked among the Best ME ECE Nanotechnology Colleges in Punjab, our course is designed for students with a strong background in technical field who further aspire to qualify for positions in companies that work in the field of nanotechnology.
Our cutting-edge academia is also beneficial to prepare graduates for interdisciplinary or traditional Ph.D. programs in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Materials Science, Molecular Biology, and Physics.
“Nanotechnology has a huge scope in the upcoming generations. It is the third highest booming field when compared with IT & Internet. In India, Bangalore & Chennai are the manufacturing hub for IT and Medicine. The Indian government has already started Nanoscience and Nanotechnology initiatives and various funding agencies like the Department of Science and Technology.” *CareerIndia
- Industry-oriented program with hands-on learning
- 100 MoUs related to ECE department signed with international partners
- Faculty-student joint research programs
- Cutting-edge academia for interdisciplinary & traditional programmes
- Range of optional courses to integrate with the degree
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Highlights of the Course
- Gain expertise in multidisciplinary research through state-of-the-art & industry-sponsored laboratories which include Intel – IoT & Intelligent System, Videocon Connect Advanced Communication, Wipro: IT & Multimedia, Truechip System Verification IP, Texas Instruments Innovation Lab, Uipath- Robotics Process Automation.
- Design projects based on application-specific systems from basic building blocks in nanoelectronics to complex systems based on both software and hardware.
- A range of optional courses to integrate with the degree.
- MOOC certifications through various platforms like FOSS, Microsoft LAAS, Uipath RPS, Udemy, SWAYAM, NPTEL, etc. are included as a part of the curriculum.
- Strategic alliances with CDAC, Semiconductor Complex Limited (ISRO), TBRL-DRDO, CSIR-CSIO and EMDL, University of Delhi (North Campus) for research infrastructure support and dissertation purpose.
- Opportunity for One-year Internship in Industry/Research organization after the first year.
- Out of 250+ MOUs signed with foreign universities by CU, 100 MOUs are related to the ECE department with semester exchange and dissertation facilities.
- Regular workshops for students in collaboration with Xilinx, Cadence, Intel and more.
- Faculty-student joint research programs for in-depth knowledge. So far, the department has more than 655 research publications in reputed journals to its credit. DST has also granted a project worth 35 Lakh to the ECE department.