About this course
The BA (Hons) program in liberal studies, from best BA liberal studies college in punjab, helps to address student interests in a broad array of disciplines and subject matter. The program aims to give students the grounding to use knowledge as more successful thinkers, decision-makers and leaders. The liberal studies core classes are designed to: promote critical and creative thinking as students learn how to draw upon diverse disciplinary perspectives and modes of inquiry, help advance communication skills, and support professional career development. The core of BA (Hons) in Liberal Studies is the idea that interdisciplinary learning is central to an individual's continuing intellectual growth and capacity for critical thought.
As a student of Liberal Studies you'll also learn to communicate effectively, understand and respect a variety of cultures, and become more self-aware. A broad liberal studies background can open up a variety of careers that suit your interests.
Why to study Liberal Studies at CU?
- Flexible Choice Based Academic Model with wide choice of Major & Minor subjects to choose from that can be tailored to the specific interests and needs of the student.
- Case Study and Analytics Based Academic Learning
- Doctorate Faculty with International Academic & Research Experience
- Academic Syllabus designed on the pattern of UPSC, UGC-NET and other Competitive Examinations
- Choice to Study Abroad under Semester Aboard in 230+ top notch International Universities of USA, Canada, Australia, UK & 20 other countries
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership Skill training module as an integral part of the academic set-up
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (AFEWS)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
In a liberal studies curriculum, you sharpen your reading and writing skills by completing research papers. You also practice verbalizing your ideas through classroom discussions and learn to develop multiple perspectives. Other skills developed include:
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Effective communication
- Reasoning and problem solving
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - Students must have successfully passed the examination conducted by a board or university at the 10 + 2 level of schooling or its equivalent. All candidates will be selected based on a holistic basis--taking into account not only their academic records but also their statements of purpose and interviews.
|Semester Fee||30000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|15000/- INR||15000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|7500/- INR||22500/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|3000/- INR||27000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
LEVEL OF STUDY :