About this course
Medical Laboratory Technology also called Clinical laboratory science is an allied health profession which is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease through the use of clinical laboratory tests.
Department of Biotechnology
Ranked among the top colleges for medical lab technology in Punjab, UIPS offers direct entry to second year, thereby saving one year academic engagement and fee, for the students who already hold a diploma in MLT. Hands-on learning with emphasis on case-based pedagogy augments scientific and professional elements of the students. Our course is distinctive in providing this integrated teaching across latest technologies, therapeutic themes or disease states. Students can explore varied career avenues through clinical training and international exchange programs in partner universities worldwide.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Scholarship Admission Test (CU-SAT)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility : Diploma in Pharmacy OR Diploma in MLT from Recognized institute/ University OR Diploma in Applied Health Programs i.e. blood banking, medical microbiology.
|Semester Fee||50000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|25000/- INR||25000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|12500/- INR||37500/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|5000/- INR||45000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Watch the Program Video
Pathway After Medical Lab Technology
A medical lab technologist can mainly take-up two profiles, i.e. Lab Technicians and Lab Technologists. Their career largely takes place in the laboratory, analyzing blood and tissue samples, making cultures, preparing blood donations for transfusion and more. After the completion of the course the students can work as a:
Medical Technologist work covers areas such as:
- Medical lab technologists in hospital laboratories, pharmaceutical firms, research facilities and other lab settings.
- More experienced medical lab technologists may advance in this field by developing new methods of analysis and research.