The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Best Electronics and Communication (ECE) Engineering College in India, at Chandigarh University has completed 6 years on this modernized and lush green campus. It is situated on NH-95, Ludhiana - Chandigarh State Highway, 23.7 km from Chandigarh. The department has created rich legacy of alumni, who has excelled in various fields ranging from academics to project management. Being the Best ECE College in India, we offer specialized knowledge ranging from communication engineering to microelectronics & IC design. The Department houses eleven state-of-art laboratories including latest equipments and softwares for enriching the experiential learning of students. The department ensures to give the society a professional with sound understanding of the subject who is ready to take up his role and challenges coming its way.
What makes Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering unique?
Studying Electronics & Communication Engineering at CU will help you gain hands-on skills on use of electronic, electromagnetic and photonic devices and systems including telephone, optical fibre and computer systems. From core competency in the areas of the field –to- all round development beyond academics, you will be taught and groomed for everything.
USPs and Best Practices
Industry oriented Best curriculum offering Flexible and Choice Based Learning Approach with Futuristic & Globally Compatible Academics which includes core subjects as well as advance practical based subjects like-:
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Robotic Process Automation
- Advanced Communication Design
- Image Processing
- PCB Design & 3D Modeling
- Data Structures
- Analog VLSI Circuit Design
- VHDL Programming
- Digital System Design using Verilog
- Troubleshooting of Electronic Equipments
- Advanced Microcontrollers
- Audio and Video processing
- Java & RDBMS
- Hands on learning through State of Art & Industry Sponsored Laboratories which includes Intel - IOT & Intelligent System, Videocon Connect Advanced Communication, Wipro: IT & Multimedia, Truechip System Verification IP, Texas Instruments Innovation Lab, Uipath Robotics Process Automation, Virtual Lab-IIT Delhi.
- Option for students to get nano degree or certification through various MOOCs like FOSS, Microsoft LaaS, UiPath RPS, UDEMY, Swayam, NPTEL etc. included as a part of curriculum.
- 130 companies visited last year for ECE students and 30-40 companies added every year. The major companies visited the Chandigarh University campus for ECE students placements includes- Cypress Semiconductor, Synopsis, Truechip, Samsung, Cognizant, Wipro, Scope Telecom, Microsoft, Deloitte and many more.
- ECE Department has filed 73 patents related to Electronics & Communication field and for social cause.
- More than 230 MOU’s signed with foreign universities by Chandigarh University and out of which 100 MOU’s are related to ECE department. Semester exchange felicitation in foreign universities.
- Exposure of National & International conferences/ workshop/symposium. Till date more than 655 research publications in reputed journals are credited under ECE department. DST granted a project of worth 35 Lakh to ECE department.
- Department is having experienced and renowned faculty members from industry and academia background.
- Best Entrepreneur facilities are provided through CU-Technology Business Incubator which includes mentorship, Annual Start-up Meet, Investment Summit, IPR & patent support and seed money.
Programs in Electronics & Communication Engineering
With specialization :
- Embedded Systems, Robotics and Applications (GROUP-A)
- Communication & Signal Processing (GROUP-B)
- VLSI & Microelectronics (GROUP-C)
Eligibility Criteria : 10+2 with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with any two of the following subjects: Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Biology with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in the aggregate.
Course Duration : 4 Years
Integrated & Ph.D Programs
- Integrated & Ph.D Programs after B.E./B.Tech (Admission will be made through GATE/CU Test)
Teaching Assistantship (T.A.) will start in 2nd Year (candidates who secured more than 7.5 CGPA in 1st Year)
- Regular and part time PhD in ECE
Eligibility for Admission
For admission in the Master of Engineering courses in CU, Ghauran, and a candidate should have passed B.Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Tech./B.E. Degree/ M.Sc. (Electronics) or equivalent examination in the relevant discipline as mentioned below:
- Electronics & Comm. Engg.: B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics & Comm. Engg./ Electronics Engg/ Computer Science & Engg./Electrical & Electronics Engg./ Electrical Engg./ Instrumentation Engg. with at least 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
- OR M.Sc. in Electronics Science / Electronics/Physics with specialization in Electronics with at least 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA