About this course
An extensive and multidisciplinary field with never ending potential, Agricultural sciences is a field of biology that incorporates various natural, scientific, economic and social issues that are used in the practice and understanding of agriculture.
Department of Agricultural Sciences
UIAS, the best agri business in Punjab aims to equip the students with knowledge, expertise and awareness of Agricultural Science, Crop Science and Animal Production by incorporating a variety of field trips, on-the-floor training tasks and industry exposure. The combination of practical biased curriculum and contemporary agricultural practices makes our teaching pedagogy more effective and interactive, thus generating wide ranging career opportunities for the students.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Scholarship Admission Test (CU-SAT)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - 10+2 examination with Science (English, Physics, Chemistry, Maths/
Biology/ Botony / Zoology)
10+2 with Agriculture with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST category).
|Semester Fee||60000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|30000/- INR||30000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|15000/- INR||45000/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|6000/- INR||54000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Watch the Program Video
Pathway After Bachlor of Sciences - Agricultural
Upon Successful Completion of this course, one can look for varied careers:
- Government jobs in various sectors including Agriculture, Banking and more are recruiting graduates to fill up entry level posts.
- Private Sector- Graduates may find jobs as Jr. Managers at Plantations, as Excecutives at Fertilizer Manufacturing firms, Agricultural Machinery Industries, Agricultural Products Marketing firms, Food processing units etc.