There is an acute shortage of technically qualified and educationally trained teachers for professional courses. Even the available teachers with Masters Degree are not properly oriented about teaching skills and teaching technologies. It has been strongly felt that there is an urgent need for proper orientation and training of engineering specialists before they join as teachers.
Chandigarh University has taken a unique and innovative initiative to establish “University Institute of Teachers Training and Research” to provide orientation and training to candidates of Master of Engineering (M.E.)Honors program who wish to join teaching as profession.
M.E. (Hons) program of the Chandigarh University is offered to meritorious and suitably oriented engineering graduates with aptitude and flair for teaching. This program will endeavor to produce thoroughly committed and motivated Academic leaders which in turn can lead the technical knowledgerevolution in the country.
The candidates opting for M.E. (Hons) program are fully sponsored by the University. These candidates are offered assured placement as faculty after completion of their M.E. (Hons) program. The only condition being that they have to serve the University for 3 Years after passing M.E. (Hons).
>The students who enroll for the M.E.(Hons) programme will study all the essential branch specific subjects and three additional modules namely: Psychology of teaching learning, Curriculum & Instruction and Educational Technology.>
Date of Entrance Examination:
July 24, 2016 (Sunday)
Venue of Entrance Examination: Chandigarh University
Timing : 1000Hrs to 1200Hrs
For admission to M.E.(Hons) session 2016-17, candidates need to register and fill the application from 20.07.2016 ONLINE only by accessing the website http://www.chandigarhuniversity.ac.in on or before July 20, 2016.
On the date of M.E.(Hons) Entrance Test July 24, 2016 (Sunday) candidate must bring the following to the Venue of Test (Chandigarh University, Gharuan):
- Printout of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate’s signature and photograph.
- Roll No. (Generated online)
- Downloaded Chandigarh University copy of Bank (SBI) challan. (Only for those candidates who pay offline)
- Photocopy of necessary academic documents.
Master of Engineering (Hons)
||March 16, 2016
|Last Date for submission of Online Application Form
||July 20, 2016 (Wednesday 4:30PM)
|Conduct of ME (Honors) Entrance Examination
||July 24, 2016 (Sunday)
|Result of ME (Honors) Entrance Examination
||July 30, 2016
|| 01-02-03 Aug, 2016
|| August 08, 2016
|Last date of deposit of admission fee
|| August 08, 2016
How to Apply
Before applying, candidates are advised to read the M.E.(Hons) Information Brochure 2016-17 carefully. Candidates must follow the following Steps while applying online Application Form.
Step 1: Apply for M.E.(Hons) programmes
c) Apply Online.
d) Finalize Application Form
e) Download Application Form and Bank Challan simultaneously (Take a print out of the entire file on A4 size white sheets)
Step 2: Deposit of Fee
- Deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 1,000/- (Rs. One Thousand Only) through NetBanking/Debit/Credit Card after Registration.
- Deposit the requisite fee of Rs. 1,000/- (Rs. One Thousand Only) in any branch of State Bank of India throughout the country on next working day. (Bank Service Charges will be extra) on downloaded bank challan form alongwith completed application form.
- Bank will retain a copy and will return two copies to you. Out of these two copies, retain the Candidate’s copy with you and attach the Chandigarh University’s copy with the application form.
Note the Transaction ID as mention on the bank Challan after depositing the fee.
IMPORTANT:Complete your Registration process by again visiting your Half-completed online Application Form through Login ApplicationLogin.aspx and fill the required Details provided by Bank
NOTE: ENTRANCE TEST FEE IS NON REFUNDABLE
Paste your recent photograph (3.5 cm X 3.5 cm) at the designated place.
Sign at the designated place.
Submission Before submission of your application form, make sure that, in addition to the above other relevant documents as indicated below are attached:
1. Chandigarh University copy of challan
2. GATE/NET Certificate (if applicable)
3. Copies of all the marksheets, degree certificates, or provisional certificate if they have passed their qualifying degree.
4. Copy of OBC/SC/ST/PD category certificate if any.
5. Copy of experience and NOC certificate for part time candidates.
All documents can be handed over personally to the DEAN RESEARCH OFFICE, CHANDIGARH UNIVERSITY, GHARUAN, MOHALI, PUNJAB on or before July 20 (Wednesday), 2016.
Information brochure cum Entrance test form fee: Rs. 1000/-