Student Welfare Services
Department of Student Welfare (DSW) is a student care and supervision center that serves as a liaison between students and administration. DSW closely works with students across all years and all societies to explore ways to enhance or address aspects of the entire student experience, from education to student life to career planning, and works with students to develop innovative solutions to issues and concerns.
Student Care Centre
The most distinguished feature of CU's Student Care Centre (SCC) is the availability of timely – within 24 hours and single-spot solutions. Students can approach SCC (located in each academic block) in case of any problem related the administration and student services. DSW provides a favorable environment to fulfill students' academic and extra-curricular needs and stand devoted to ensure their success.
Open House Sessions
Student Centric Chandigarh University is student‐centric campus with more than 17000 students, various key functions are ably supported by committed student bodies. Regular feedback mechanism and transparent system makes the learning experience enriching.
Open House is a unique program that promotes transparency and feedback. Open house sessions are held at the beginning of each semester to bring forth the common problems faced by students and suggestions for improvement of the learning process.
The orientation program is meant to celebrate your arrival and orient you to campus life. You are about to embark on a new adventure in your education, career, and personal life. We believe you are all "Superheroes", with your unique abilities and exceptional energy to solve the world's problems. You are provided opportunities to learn about campus resources to help you defeat the hurdles of campus life.
Feedback is a vital part of communication that if acknowledged in affirmative way can improve the working of the organization. Feedback mechanism helps to identify the critical areas of concern. Chandigarh University highly appreciates and work-on the suggestions and feedback given by students.
We encourage students to put forward their fair opinions that can make CU a better place. Our robust online (through the website or UIMS) and offline (through suggestion boxes placed in different departments) feedback mechanism can be easily accessed by students.
Departmental Clubs & Societies
Chandigarh University (CU) houses exceptional students who are equally passionate to academics as well as extra-curricular activities. To hoard their areas of interest, we have maintained many clubs and societies in the campus itself. We believe that Clubs and Societies are an integral part of Student Life that adds quality to the life of a passionate student. From academic-based to sports and social clubs and societies, CU is pleased to support them all.
Non- Technical Clubs
- Green Club: Chandigarh University is playing a global role in spreading the message to save environment and to promote environment awareness in the society. All students of the university, including green club members are made aware of green issues, directly or indirectly.
- Adventure Club: It conducts activities centered on outdoor recreation, interactive education, community service, teamwork, physical fitness and intercollege events. It provide instruction and experience in safe hiking, rafting and camping events.
- Photography Club:This club is devoted to promote the art of photography among the students by bringing together those who are interested in helping each other to shoot better pictures.as well as to educate, encourage and enhance the photographic knowledge and skills.
- Sports Club: A healthy mind dwells in a healthy body”. Sports are a must for the overall development of a student’s personality .Keeping this into accounts, Chandigarh university ensures that the students participate in indoor and outdoor games and sports events under sports club. Sports club has introduce eight departmental sports clubs.
- Dance Club (The Gravity): The objective of the club is to elevate and advance the art of the dance in all its educational aspects and to encourage uniform methods of instructions.
- Rangmanch-Drama Club: Drama club offers the chance for the students to pursue a carrier in the theatre or simply to learn some new skills to share with friends and family.
- The Vibes-Music Club: Music club beholds the aim of bringing together music enthusiasts in a common platform to enjoy and appreciate music regularly .Chandigarh university Music Club contributes to betterment of student's intellect, discipline, emotional quotient, identity and personality.
- Fine Art Club: Fine art club of Chandigarh University aims to develop the students artistically and socially so that they leave the university as independent, confident, cooperative, responsible and creative young adults with a lifelong interest and ability to learn the finesse of life.
- Abhivyakti-Literary Club: The literary clubs objective is develop the literary skills of the students. The club developed a taste for literature and also works towards improving there spoken and written Language. it is involved a variety of activity aimed at building up the confidence and grooming the talents of students in facing various inter[personal activities and competitions.
- Competitive Exams Club: CE Club has been established to offer educational services to the students preparing for the civil services exams. The club will help to impart comprehensive training-cum guidance for all stages of civil services exam.
- English & Soft skills Club: The soft skill club has been conceptualizes keeping in mind the universal need to possess good soft skill. The objective of the club is to provide the students with ample opportunities to learn improve their soft skills in form of various workshops and competitors.
To register in above mentioned clubs, contact Department of Student Welfare, Academic Block 3
Dean of Students Welfare
NH-95, Chandigarh Ludhiana Highway,
Mohali, Punjab INDIA, 140413
The ATM facility of PNB, SBI and HDFC. This facility helps the students to avail all banking services.
The fleet of CU buses provide pick and drop facility to students coming from within a radial distance of 100 kms.
Chandigarh University medical centre caters to medical and nursing requirements on the campus.
We have a number of outlets across campus including restaurants, delis and cafés in easy to reach locations.
International Students Services
The Department of International Relations and Student Affairs has been established to stimulate curiosity for and love for learning globally, which widens the scope of educational opportunity and access for students. Chandigarh University works closely with leading universities around the world to offer an affordable way of getting an internationally recognized qualification