A Creative Community
Chandigarh University is a creative community, with a vibrant and cosmopolitan life. There are dozens of ways to immerse yourself in the arts, or to get involved in performing. Or, if you’d rather just sit back and enjoy, there’s no shortage of things on offer.
As a student here, you’ll have the opportunity to take advantage of the lively and continually evolving cultural scene that the university has to offer a growing number of visual arts - a thriving music scene, experimental theatre and a dance studio.
- The students of Chandigarh University won 2nd and 1st positions in the debate championship and photography respectively at IIT Ropar’s annual tech fest “Zeitgeist” 2015
- Chandigarh University won the 1st position in the photography at North India Inter Universities Youth Festival (2014-15) organized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Students of Chandigarh University won 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions in the events, solo dance, duet dance, and group dance, respectively at National Fest organized by LNM IIT, Jaipur.
- ‘Rudra’ Rock Band of Chandigarh University won 1st position at NIT Hamirpur’s Annual technical Festival- “NIMBUS”
- Students of Chandigarh University won 2nd position in skit competition, 3rd position in one act Play and 3rd position in elocution at North India Inter Universities Youth Festival (2015-16), organized by Association of Indian Universities
Annual Cultural Events at CU
- “PRATIBHA”: To build the self-confidence and to invoke the inner capabilities of the students Chandigarh University organizes talent hunt “Pratibha” for the newcomers, these competitions consist of various events such as, Theatre, Literary, Dance, Music and Fine Arts. The talent hunt is a stepping stone to a vibrant and eventful college life.
- “AAGHAAZ”: The most stunning and glamorous welcome to the freshmen of the Chandigarh University. It gives the students the opportunity to show their talents and to promote a healthy competition.
- “CU FEST”: The most awaited of all cultural events, Chandigarh University’s fest is the most exciting on the entertainment panel. Being a two day program, it hosts different cultural programs with the participation of various colleges and universities from all over India. It is followed by the performances of the most loved and popular Punjabi celebrities.
- “ABHIVYAKTI”: Bringing the radiance back to our Literature is the prime objective of the Abhivyakti - National Literary Festival. This annual fest endeavors to reflect and celebrates the enduring spirit of youth, while providing them with a prospect to realize, nurture and harness their talents, dreams and aspirations. Our aim to initiate a platform where students from various universities and colleges from all over India can come together and share their perspectives and their ideologies. With over 6 major competitions and an interactive session of India’s esteemed authors and students bringing light to the beauty of Indian literature, we aspire to be the igniters of ideas and thoughts, channeling and revitalizing our youth to work towards the development of our nation.
- “Rangmanch”: One of its kind Theatre Fest aims to revive and thrive in the beauty of Indian Arts, culture and its heritage. CU organizes a three-day Theater festival in the month of March every year.
- RASHTRIYE HASYA KAVI SAMMELAN: It is a unique art form that aims at relieving the increasing stress from the busy lives of students. Through this event, Chandigarh University focuses on providing its students a happy atmosphere in the company of eminent poets of India.
Whatever your sport of choice, CU is home to some great sporting teams, American Football League, Taekwondo, Weight- lifting, Boxing and more. So, whether you want to participate for fun, at club level or at the highest national and international standards, at CU you will be inspired to achieve your personal best.
We support world-class athletes each year in their academic and sporting lives through various scholarship programs.
Student's Sports achievements
Team CU scored Silver Medal in North Zone Inter-University and Qualified for all India Inter-University after beating Punjabi University Patiala in Quarter Finals and Beating Punjab University in semi Finals in this tournament.
Chandigarh University players got 3 Gold Medals and 2 Silver Medals in 11th Senior National Championship held at Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Chandigarh university players Scored 3 Bronze Medals in All India Inter-University Boxing Championship, held at Kurukshetra. 120 Universities from all over India participated in this Championship
Chandigarh University Players in Weightlifting (State Level) scored 4 Gold and 1 Silver Medal in Various categories.
Team CU Won Silver Medal in American Football Championship at All India Inter-University American football Championship, held at Punjabi University.
Dean of Students Welfare
NH-95, Chandigarh Ludhiana Highway,
Mohali, Punjab INDIA, 140413
The ATM facility of PNB, SBI and HDFC. This facility helps the students to avail all banking services.
The fleet of CU buses provide pick and drop facility to students coming from within a radial distance of 100 kms.
Chandigarh University medical centre caters to medical and nursing requirements on the campus.
We have a number of outlets across campus including restaurants, delis and cafés in easy to reach locations.