About this course
One of the oldest engineering discipline, Civil engineering deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of man-made structures and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. From Transportation to Hydrology, Environmental to Construction and Geotechnical Sciences to Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering is an area with a lot of diversity.
The first-most objective of Department of Civil Engineering at Chandigarh University - ranked among the best Civil Engineering Colleges in Punjab is to produce well-groomed workforce who have the ability to cope-up with the uneven challenges of the forthcoming industry. We aid our students with intellectually stimulating environment and course curriculum widely spread over core practical training, project work, expert lectures and more.
WE ARE HAVING FOUR SPECIALIZATIONS IN ME (CIVIL ENGINEERING)
- M.E ( Construction Technology & Management)
- M.E ( Structural Engineering )
- M.E ( Transportation Engineering)
- M.E ( Environmental Engineering )
According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of civil engineers is projected to grow 8 percent from 2014 to 2024.
Department at a glance
- Project based & Experiential Learning
- Curriculum designed with Inputs of Industry Leaders
- Hands-on exposure leading to Professional Grooming
- Unprecedented Industry Patronage
- Best in industry Placements
- Material Testing Laboratory
- Transportation Laboratory
- Environmental Laboratory
- Structural Analysis Laboratory
- Geotechnical Laboratory
- Hydraulic & Irrigation Laboratory
- Surveying Laboratory
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in the qualifying examination.
|Semester Fee||40000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|20000/- INR||20000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|10000/- INR||30000/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|4000/- INR||36000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Pathway After Civil Engineering
Civil engineers are in huge demand and this demand is expected to get a boost as all the countries are upgrading its infrastructure with growing economic and political influence. This outset opens a lot of opportunities for Civil Engineers in numerous private sector firms and government departments. One can also pursue teaching as a profession or can set up its own engineering consultancy as well.
Top recruiters for Civil Engineers are:
- Jaypee Group
- Ajay Kadam Association
- Associated Engineering
- Expert Technology – Chennai
- Hiranandani Construction Pvt.Ltd.
- RDS Projects Ltd. and more.
- Larsen and Tubro
- Antant Access
- Balaji Railroad Systems Ltd.
- Gammon India Ltd.
- Potential Consultants.