Android Lab-- In this new era of smart phones and tablets, 70% of people access internet and make use of technology using their handheld devices. At University Institute of Computing, we understand this growing technology trend and develop the Mobile Apps on multiple operating systems and technology platforms.
At present, Android is fastest growing mobile platform with millions of users across the globe. UIC houses Android Lab and various training objectives of this lab are:
- To understand the Android OS architecture.
- Install and use appropriate tools for Android development, including IDE, device emulator, and profiling tools.
- Understand the Android application architecture, including the roles of the task stack, activities, and services.
- Build user interfaces with fragments, views, form widgets, text input, lists, tables, and more.
- Use advanced UI widgets for scrolling, tabbing, and layout control.
- Present menus via the Android action bar and handle menu selections.
- Store application data on the mobile device, in internal or external storage locations.
- Support user-specific preferences using the Android Preferences API.
Microsoft Innovation Centre-- Microsoft Innovation Centers (MIC) are facilities that provide world class resources and support for students, entrepreneurs and startups, accelerating the creation of new companies, jobs and growth of the local software ecosystem. The primary areas of focus of UIC's Microsoft Innovation Centre include:
- Skills Development of students
- Transit Students into Market Workforce
- Solutions and Innovation
Oracle Academy-- The objective of Oracle Academy is to train students of 21st century and to provide teachers with world-class training and professional development opportunities. The Computer Applications department along with Oracle Academy have been providing online training and online conferences for the students and teaching community. It is beneficial to students as well as academicians to gear up their knowledge and technical expertise. For the last 4 years, more than 900 students have attended online courses (Programming with SQL and Java Programming) and those who successfully completed the courses were awarded with the certificates from Oracle Academy.
Tech Mahindra IMS ACADEMY Lab-- Tech Mahindra Ltd. a specialist provider of connected solutions to the connected world and enabling future digital enterprises has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Chandigarh University to impart industry ready skills in IT Infrastructure Management Services (IMS). The program aims at creating a pool of resources to meet the demand across various facets of the IMS segment.
Under this MoU, Tech Mahindra and Chandigarh University have designed educational programs to meet the learning and development needs of Tech Mahindra and other IT companies leading to Certification of IMS Tech Mahindra through its integrated learning program at Chandigarh University's Campus.