About this course
Medical Laboratory Technology also called Clinical laboratory science is an allied health profession which is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease through the use of clinical laboratory tests.
University Institute of Applied Health Sciences (UIAHS) ranked among the best MLT institute in Punjab, offers hands-on learning to MLT students, much of your learning will be case-based to ensure that the scientific and professional elements are integrated from day one. Our course is distinctive in providing this integrated teaching across latest technologies, therapeutic themes or disease states. Students can explore varied career avenues through clinical training and international exchange programs in partner universities worldwide.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Scholarship Admission Test (CU-SAT)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects, along with one of the following subjects:- Mathematics / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology conducted by a recognized board or its equivalent examination.
|Semester Fee||50000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|25000/- INR||25000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|12500/- INR||37500/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|5000/- INR||45000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Pathway After Medical Lab Technology
A medical lab technologist can mainly take-up two profiles, i.e. Lab Technicians and Lab Technologists. Their career largely takes place in the laboratory, analyzing blood and tissue samples, making cultures, preparing blood donations for transfusion and more. After the completion of the course the students can work as a:
- Medical lab technologists in hospital laboratories, pharmaceutical firms, research facilities and other lab settings.
- More experienced medical lab technologists may advance in this field by developing new methods of analysis and research.