What is Strategic HR?
Human Resource is invaluable for business success. Organizations have realized the importance of HR Department in order to meet their organizational goals which make HR professionals as one of the most sought after professionals in the corporate world. HR has always been popular amongst the MBA students as a specialization but which changing scenario; the role of HR professionals has added many new dimensions and KRA’s. The focus has now shifted from traditional HR to Strategic HR.
Strategic human resource management is a proactive approach for developing talent. It aims to achieve long-term business objectives and meet organizational challenges. Strategic human resource management emphasizes the fostering of a positive and efficient company culture that embraces innovation and strives to achieve a competitive edge. Strategic HR is the practice of attracting, developing, rewarding, and retaining employees for the benefit of both the employees as individuals and the organization as a whole. HR departments that practice strategic human resource management do not work independently within a silo; they interact with other departments within an organization in order to understand their goals and then create strategies that align with those objectives, as well as those of the organization. As a result, the goals of a human resource department reflect and support the goals of the rest of the organization.
Career Scope after MBA in Strategic HR
According to a report on future prospects for jobs by KPMG, HR professionals are ranked amongst the top 10 best professions offering an ample number of job opportunities in the next five years. As the report, there will be an annual growth of 16% in the number of HR professionals as the multi-nationals execute their expansion plans. Both in India and Abroad, the HR professionals will see tremendous growth in job options as well as the salaries being offered to them. It is estimated that about 30,000 HR professionals would be in demand by 2021 in India while there will be a demand for 45,000 professionals across the globe.
What do we Offer?
2 Year regular MBA Strategic HR in association with SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) North India’s first MBA program in Strategic HR
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 300,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR professionals and advancing the practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates. Top leadership which includes CEO’s, Vice-Presidents, Managing Directors of renowned Bluechip companies are members of the global SHRM Community who works upon developing curriculum for SHRM Certification programs that can add value to the futuristic HR professionals.
About MBA Strategic HR (in association with SHRM)
The two-year postgraduate degree in MBA Strategic HR offered jointly by Chandigarh University and SHRM is the only professional program in North India to offer globally recognized SHRM Certification along with the degree. The Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Strategic Human Resource Management guides the candidate through the core concepts in human capital. Candidates learn to apply sound theory and research to further organizational success. The MBA Strategic HR Program specialization develops you as futuristic business leader who possess thorough knowledge to improve organizational effectiveness through the skillful management of human resources.
Our core MBA curriculum in operations, finance, marketing, accounting, and strategy is paired with a specialized human resources curriculum, including coursework in compensation, employee relations, staffing, labor relations, negotiations, and change management. Incorporating applied learning opportunities, instruction from world-class faculty, and internships, the program offers an unparalleled experience that gives you a competitive career advantage.
MBA in Strategic HR Advantage
- Globally Recognized SHRM Certification program which is given preference at the time recruitment by Fortune 500 companies like Coca Cola, BMW, IBM, Nokia and others is an integral part of the degree.
- Course Curriculum prepared by top 84 HR professional bodies such as Matchett HR Performance – Denmark, Center for Business Skills Development (CBSD)- Russia, China Human Resource Management- China and others
- Top 275 Universities all over the world including University of Texas, University of Washington, Florida International University offers programs in Strategic HR programs.
- Technology driven and Case Study based learning approach
- A strong professional network of 300,000 including Top Business Leaders and HR professionals across 165 countries gives global edge
Why MBA Strategic HR at Chandigarh University?
- North India’s first University to offer MBA in Strategic HR program in association with SHRM (World’ Largest HR professional society)
- Get global edge to become part of 300,000 professional HR Network of SHRM
- Only University in India to have Corporate Advisory Board in which top leadership comprising of CEO’s, Vice-President’s, Managing Directors from 250+ Multi-Nationals are members
- Gain Valuable, Real-World Experience by getting a chance to work with top HR Leaders of the 250+ Top Companies of India
- Technology Driven with training on latest HR Analytics Softwares and live Case-Studies from Industry