Top Architecture College in Punjab
Architecture is the art and science of building design that develop the concepts for structures and turn those concepts into reality. Architecture often includes imagination; the ability to order ideas and communicate them clearly; a keen interest in human behaviour, our habitat and the natural environment; and problem-solving skills. In developing designs, architects follow building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and other ordinances, such as those that fulfil the universal design criteria. Computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) and building information modelling (BIM) technology has replaced traditional paper and pencil as the most common method for creating design and construction drawings. Architects are licensed professionals and authorized to work with prescribed instructions of the regulatory council.
Career Scope after Degree in Architecture
- Independent Practice in collaboration with contractors and builders.
- Work in reputed Architectural/ Interior design offices around the world.
- Government Jobs in Architectural/ Planning Departments.
- Jobs with LEED and GRIHA organizations.
- Architectural Journalism and Photography.
- Researcher and Educator in Universities.
- Collaboration with NGO’s and Human Development organizations.
- Freelance work
Programs In University Institute of Architecture (UIA)
UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTURE
University Institute of Architecture is a leading centre of research and teaching-learning practices in architecture noted for its innovative approach to Architectural education informed by the cutting-edge industry-oriented curriculum, learning approach and collaboration with leading experts from industry and academia. UIA offers exceptional resources for application-based learning like construction yard, building material & construction lab, plumbing and sanitation lab, climatology lab, survey lab, acoustic lab, visual arts & graphics lab, consultancy practices and curriculum integrated software applications like Auto CAD, 3Ds Max V-Ray, Revit and Sketch-up etc.
All courses are taught in English and UIA prepares its students to work globally or who are considering establishing their own practice following graduation.
Le Corbusier developed the master plan of Chandigarh in 1951, and his work has influenced the generation of architects and their architectural education and discourse. It is, therefore, no coincidence that Corbusier’s school of Modernism has only been fully understood or accepted at Chandigarh. The Architectural Legacy of Chandigarh and its location provides opportunities for multiple study trips throughout the city and outside. UIA with its unique inherent potential and location aims to train architectural students in the contemporary architecture and design institution.
- To develop UIA as an institution with emphasis on technical academic excellence and core human values.
- Exploring students’ potential in the area of creativity, conceptualization and aesthetics by holding in-house competitions and participating in national and international competitions.
- To prepare future architects to be broad-based, flexible & multi/inter- disciplinary to meet the emerging new career opportunities challenges in the industry.
- To create an environment of critical and transparent evaluation system, for building a professional attitude amongst the students.
- Establishing strategic relationship with leading national and international universities for academic as well as research collaborations
- To transform it’s highly motivated students into dedicated professional architects providing innovative & sustainable solutions for human habitats of future.
- Undertaking ISR activities for upliftment of rural/deprived sections of the society and carrying out socially relevant research through various projects in Architectural design.
- Learning by doing is a key strength of our courses. Architecture students are taught by conducting workshops and design studios working on wide unique live projects.
- Interface with professional bodies like CoA, IIA, IGBC, INTACH, ITPI, IIID, PEDA etc.
- Advanced Teaching Pedagogy: E-learning platforms, Credit-based MOOC courses, Entrepreneurship courses, Life skills development and mentoring; Specialization based departmental elective and 70+ Open electives courses.
- Global Exposure: UIA has an extensive alliance with top renowned international universities in 50+ countries.
- Consultancy and Entrepreneurship: Providing world-class infrastructure, renowned academicians and an ideal environment for Research and Innovation.