About this course
Optometry also called 'science of eye' is a dynamic health care profession that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of issues relating to vision and eye health. Limiting the scope of optometry to the supplying of eye equipments such as spectacles and lenses is a pure fallacy as Optometrists undertake much more challenges beyond this, including screening of various signs of diseases, giving specialist advice & treatment, ocular hygiene and more.
Bachelor of Optometry at Chandigarh University
Ranked among the Best Optometry Institute and College in Punjab, CU's University Institute of Applied Health Sciences (UIAHS) offer a radical program packed with theoretical & practical familiarity and skills needed to become a competent optometrist. The program envisages to develop a versatile ophthalmic specialist for eye care related services. Advanced pedagogy and flexibility in practice reinforces our student's temperament, thus making us stand head high among the Best Optometry providing Institutes in Punjab.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes