Best BSc Forensic Science College in Punjab
The program of B.Sc. Forensic Science is a 3-years full-time under-graduation course which is a combination of the study of science, law and forensic techniques.
It is about the implementation of theory, practical and scientific knowledge in the workplace to solve complex problems. The field is gaining momentum, as skilled professionals are required in the government sectors to resolve crime scenes, solve mysteries and carry out tests in laboratories to solve complex problems. Dedicated candidates with a B.Sc. Forensic Science degree can apply for various positions in government organizations, agencies, laboratories and legal departments.
The scope of forensic science study is huge. Graduates can get jobs in various governments and private sectors. After acquiring the degree, you can open your own forensic practice & forensic service offices. There are endless opportunities in this field because of the increased crimes in the world. You can get a job in India and abroad.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Watch the Program Video
What gives CU an edge over other institutions?
Chandigarh University will impart you with an exclusive, research-based and application-focused program which will expose you to cutting-edge technologies necessary for thriving in this profession. With us, you will get:
- Training via Workshops and Interactions with Eminent Forensic Experts
- Globally Comparable and Industry Oriented Curriculums
- Dissertation Project in the last semester
- Flexibility to choose elective for specialization in the final semester
- Well-equipped laboratories with latest instruments
- Research opportunities at Chandigarh University are virtually endless. We not only support different research activities but also encourage each and every student & faculty to get involved in research work which will help them learn the intricacies of the field.
- As a Forensic Science student at CU, you will be facilitated with opportunities to take-on case studies that will let you learn skills to tackle the challenges faced during a real-time crime scene.
- Under Departmental club’s different activities such as workshops, quiz competition, poster presentation, industrial visits are organized for overall development of the student.
Pathways After Program
There are numerous jobs opportunities available in both the Government and Private Sectors including central forensic science laboratories, state forensic science laboratories, Crime Branches, CBI, CID, Police, Investigation Bureau, Defense/Army, Courts, Narcotics Dept., Universities, Detective Agencies, Banks, Insurance Companies, among others.
Below are some of the top designations in the field of forensic science:
- Investigative officers
- Legal counselors
- Forensic Expert
- Forensic Scientist
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Teacher / Professor
- Crime Reporter
- Forensic Engineer
- Law Consultant
- Handwriting Expert
The Department of Forensic Science (UIAHS) has industrial tie-ups with different CFSLs and SFSLs, where students are trained with hand-on experience on different crime evidence.