About Program: ME CSE Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing Technologies offer ‘on demand’ solutions for IT needs. The solutions span across IT infrastructure, applications, SAAS models, service support and maintenance. There is a huge demand for trained professionals specialized in cloud services. ME CSE Cloud Computing program in collaboration Virtusa at Chandigarh University is aimed at training students on technologies of Cloud Computing and Virtualization, their principles, modeling, analysis, design, deployment, and industry-oriented applications. All major solution architectures and enabling technologies are covered under this program. Students are prepared for technical careers in developing applications and providing services that run on a distributed network using virtualized resources and enables customers to access computing resources as needed.
ME CSE Cloud Computing in Collaboration with Virtusa
To effectively deliver the technical skills and enable training on real life projects, Chandigarh University has collaborated with one of the world’s best technology companies, Virtusa. It will help students to get access to high-end training to faculty, hands-on projects and selective internship/ recruitment opportunities.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Structure of the Program
|SEMESTER||CURRICULUM / LEARNING OBJECTIVES||DURATION|
|1||5 Domain Subjects
1 Research Intro Subject
|2||6 Domain Subjects
1 Major Project
1 Research Methodologies Subject
Identification of Research Topic
Advance Research / Internship at Company
Advance Research / Internship at Company
Objectives of the Program
- To train students on the principles of Cloud computing both from a theoretical perspective and apply them effectively.
- To compare and contrast the various cloud service models with focus on gaining skill set such as decision strategy, design process, development, security, deployment, analysis, maintenance, roles and boundaries related to cloud.
- Demonstrate how various cloud providers such as AWS, Google Compute and Microsoft Azure implement and offer IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services.
- Give hands-on experience to develop, deploy, manage and scale applications running in platforms such as Java, Python platform.
Scope of program
After passing this program, the student can opt for following career specializations:
- Cloud System Administrator: Configure and maintain systems that comprise the underlying cloud platform, troubleshoot problems, and plan for future cloud capacity.
- Cloud Architect: Create and deploy scalable, secure, and industry-aligned cloud-based systems.
- Cloud Engineer: Plan and perform tasks related to implementation and maintenance of internal, enterprise-shared virtualization infrastructure.
- Cloud Security Manager: Serve as SME for a Cloud Security and Attack and Penetration Services
- Cloud Application Developer: Implement scalable, high performance hosting solutions using Cloud Technologies. Identify business requirements and corresponding cloud-based solutions.
Skill Sets Inculcated By The Program
- Strong logical and reasoning abilities
- Understanding and application of concepts of Cloud Technologies and Platforms, specially AWS platform
- Application of Advance Probability and Statistics methods
- Migrating existing applications into the cloud, by navigating through phases such as creation of a private cloud; attaching, in a secure fashion, the private cloud to the public cloud
- Provisioning and maintaining resources in the public cloud.
- Dealing with non-trivial issues like load balancing, caching, distributed transactions, identity and authorization management, and data encryption.
- Familiarity with the most important APIs used in the Amazon, Microsoft, IBM and Google clouds.