About this course
Approved by Council of Architecture, Government of India, The two-year Master of Architecture (M.Arch) program brings together the highest level of professional expertise with the critical and technical skills necessary to recast the boundaries of the Architecture Profession. Master of Architecture program creates a sense of inquisitiveness and intellectual generosity that enables individual development and collaborative thinking.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Scholarship Admission Test (CU-SAT)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - Minimum of 50% aggregate marks in a Bachelors of Architecture degree programme or Equivalent
Duration - 2 Years (Regular)
|Semester Fee||42000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|20000/- INR||20000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|10000/- INR||30000/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|4000/- INR||36000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Program Educational Objectives
- To be able to showcase their creative ability in designing various large scale projects as entrepreneur, in Architect’s Office, MNC’s in construction sector, Government, and will be eligible for PhD Degree program to peruse career in teaching and research.
- To become technically adept in specific fields, other disciplines and Management towards Planning, Design, and executing a project. Their technical skills and knowledge will enable them to perform their work with a commitment and quality, timeliness with continuous improvement.
- To understanding of professionalism, quality performance, sustainability and allow them to be professional leaders and contributors to society through their problem solving capabilities, executing the work and exhibit effective interpersonal skills in teams and at work place.
- To exhibit interest in lifelong learning including studies leading to professional licensure or higher studies in Architecture that provides for continued development of their technical ability innovation and management skills.
- To be aware toward’s causes of impact due to the development, and also to identify remedial measures by ethical behaviour.
- The student will be able to collect, gather, analyze and implement the design, construction and project management related information for large scale project.
- To evolve the problem solving skills among students through studio exercise, sponsored research and quality publication of urban nature.
- To provide solutions to design problems that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and environmental considerations.
- To contribute the understanding of urban issues in cities through research, documentation and urban design interventions.
- To create the ability for promotion of sustainable development through adoptation of innovatiove design and construction practices.
- To develop the social responsibilities among students for progress of society and culture of his country through applied Architecture.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Integrated Evaluations : The student will be able to demonstrate the skills associated with making integrated decisions across multiple systems and variables in the complex design project.
- Conservation of Built Environment : The student will be able to restore and conserve heritage buildings and natural habitat of ecological importance.