About this course
Approved by Council of Architecture, Government of India, The five-year Bachelor of Architecture program prepares students with an early interest in architecture to become leading professional practitioners.The course offers a thorough foundation in architecture integrating critical thinking, design, technology, building construction, building services sustainability, and social responsibility. Firmly committed to innovative design practices, the program is constantly integrating new technologies into the curriculum.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Scholarship Admission Test (CU-SAT)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level exam.
10+3 Diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with 50% aggregate marks and subject to an aptitude test in Architecture (NATA).
In addition to eligibility of 10+2/Diploma, he/ she must have obtained 40% pass marks in each subject of the JEE Part 2 exam OR Qualified NATA.
|Semester Fee||80000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|40000/- INR||40000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|20000/- INR||60000/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|8000/- INR||72000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
- Knowledge of the history and theories of architecture as they relate to design thinking, cultural aspiration, social needs, and the evolution of the built environment; including the discourse that distinguishes critical works of architecture from normatively satisfactory buildings.
- The ability to evaluate information, formulate significant questions, critique existing knowledge, utilize appropriate methods of inquiry, and contribute new wisdom to the discipline of architecture.
- Knowledge of collaborative design, information technology, conventional and emerging business models, construction operations, and the ethical and legal responsibility of architects, including service to society and culture, public safety and welfare, and contract law.
- The ability to articulate aesthetic viewpoints that connect architectural ideals with practical means of their realization in construction, or otherwise stated the ability to formulate a clearly stated architectural idea and translate it into graphic and written proposals for realizing its practical form and function. Ability to use basic architectural principles in the design of buildings, interior spaces, and sites.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of visual perception and the principles and systems of order that inform two- and three-dimensional design, architectural composition.
Interns in architectural firms assist in the design of one part of a project, help prepare architectural documents or drawings, build models, or prepare construction drawings. Interns also research building codes and materials or write specifications for building materials, installation criteria, the quality of finishes, and other related details. CU Academic Internship Program places B.Arch students into Professional Training within most prestigious practices. The program continues its mission to expose UIA students to the cutting edge of international practice.
Some recent firm partners include:
- UTAA COMPANY (Utah Architects & Architects Co., Ltd.), Seoul
- IngenieurbürofürBautechnik GmbH, Hamburg, Germany
- AGRAWAL & AGRAWAL, Kolkata
- Hiren A. Gandhi & Associates, Ahmedabad
- Design and Development, Guwahati
- Arcop, Ahmedabad
- Himachal Pradesh Public Works Department
- K&M Archplans, Nairobi, Kenya
- Public Works Department, Manipur
- The busride studio, 10-A, Bandra (West), Mumbai
- Architect Hafeez Contractor
- C.P. Kukreja Associates
- Oscar & Ponni Architects
- Kembhavi Architecture Foundation
- Shilpa Architects
- Talati & Panthaky Associated
- Christopher Charles Benninger Architects
- Manchanda Associates
- Architecture Brio
- Department of Urban Planning, Chandigarh Administration
- Design Core, Surat
- Prakriti Architects & Interiors, Calicut
- Span Design Organisation, Surat
- The busride studio, Bandra ( West ), Mumbai
Semester Exchange Programme
UIA Students have the opportunity to study one semester in top renowed international universities in 50+ countries. University Institute of Architecture has extensive alliances with the following Universities:
University of Florence, Italy, Carleton University, Canada, Kyrgyz State University of Construction, Transport and Architecture, Kyrgyzstan, University of Porto, Portugal, University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA, Curtin University, Australia, University of East London, Nottingham Trent University, Northumbria University, Middlesex University, National Kaohsiung Marine University, Taiwan, Soongsil University, South Korea, Yuri Gagarin State Technical University, Russia, International Balkan University, Macedonia, Tokyo Denki University, Japan, Kindai University, Japan, Hochschule Wismar, Universidad de Mendoza, Argentina, Howest University, Belgium, University of Applied Sciences: Technology, Business and Design, Germany, Georgian Technical University, Tbilisi, Georgeia, University of Nottingham Ningbo, China, The University of Newcastle, Australia, etc.
Pathway after Architecture
Career in Architecture is attractive, high paying, and has lots of potential in terms of growth. India needs more than 10,000 trained professionals in various government and private organizations.
Top Recruiters in Govt. Sector
- City Development Corporation
- State Architectural Department
- Architecture and Building Development Firms
- Town Planning Department
- Housing Boards
- Urban Development Corporation
- State Public Work Departments
- Public Service Commission
- Civil Service
- Public Sector Banks
- Department of Railways
- Department of Post and Telegraph
- National Building Organization
- Hindustan Prefab Limited
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Top Recruiters in Private Sector
- Design Consortium, Ar. Naman Lochan
- S.E.P Planning and Architects
- Enviornment Creations Ar.T.M.CYRIAC
- Lavanay Architects
- Gian P. Mathur & Associates Pvt. Ltd.
- Habitat Architects
- Arcop Associates
- Design Consortium