Bachelor of Science (Economics) at Chandigarh University
The three year Under-Graduate program B.Sc. in Economics program is a comprehensive program with an objective to provide a mathematical and statistical focus to the subject with the express aim of gaining a better understanding of global issues and attain a deeper, more nuanced understanding of possible explanations and their extensive influences on the society. Strategic use of the latest databases as well as economics related software will give students an unparalleled edge over the rest of the student community. The case-based learning, real-life applications and heavy emphasis on applied econometrics makes Chandigarh University, Best BSC Economics College in Punjab, economics degree a stand-alone degree in this competitive environment.
On successful completion of the program from Best Ecomonics college in Punjab, the students will gain superior analytical and econometric skills that are not currently offered in the domain, making them stand-alone personalities in the job market.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
LEVEL OF STUDY :
Why to study B.Sc. Economics at Chandigarh University?
- Flexible Choice Based Academic Model with wide choice of Elective subjects to choose from that can be tailored to the specific interests and needs of the student.
- Case-study and practical oriented classroom training.
- Course Curriculum designed on the pattern of premier institutes London School of Economics, Harvard University and IIM’s.
- Regular Visits to Financial Institutions to enhance Experiential Learning.
- Academic Training and Learning under renowned economists and academicians from Industry and Research Institutes.
- Choice to Study Abroad under Semester Aboard in 230+ top notch International Universities of USA, Canada, Australia, UK & 20 other countries.
- Entrepreneurship training module as an integral part of the academic set-up.
Pathway After B. Sc. in Economics
Following are the specializations that you could opt for while pursuing the academic degree in Economics:
- Research Economists
- Business Economists
- Agriculuture Economists
- Financial Economists
- International Economists
- Labor Economists
- Industrial Economists
- Financial Institutions like Insurance, Mutual Funds, Stock Markets
- Research Institutions such as NIPFP, NCAER, ICRIER
- Government & Private Sector Institutions such as SEBI, RBI, CII, FICCI, PHD Chambers