Electronics And Communication Engineering at
Electronics & Communications engineering is an interdisciplinary branch that utilizes active electrical components to design electronic circuits, Microprocessors/Microcontrollers and other related systems. These engineers engage in research, design, development and testing of the electronic equipments used in various communication systems. Masters in Electronics & Communication Engineering facilitates the student with advanced knowledge of applications, principles and algorithms needed to succeed in the complex research.
Ranked among the Best Engineering Colleges in Punjab, the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering aims to nurture professionals who can undergo the challenges of this promising industry. Our masters program exclusively aims to impart core competencies by bringing students across industry experts, subject experts, research scholars and more.
The major driving force for the present day Information Technology revolution is the development in Electronics Engineering. Penetration of electronics has now revolutionized other areas like health care, instrumentation, automation, remote sensing, signal processing and many more. By 2022, the Electronics & Communication sector in India is expected to be an USD 29 Billion consumer market. Growing significantly, the industry has heightened at a rate 9.88% between 2011 and 2015 and is expected to be bright in the coming decade as well.
at a glance
- Research Intensive Academia
- Globally Comparable, Industry - Aligned Curriculum
- Unprecedented Industry Patronage
- Impeccable Placements
- Project based & Experiential Learning
Industry Sponsored and
State of Art Labs
- INTEL - Iot & Intelligent System Lab
- Videocom Telecom - Connect Broadband and Advanced Communication Lab
- True Chip Sponsored System Verification IP & VLSI Lab
- Texas Instruments Innovation Center (TIIC)
- Uipath Robotic Process Automation- Center of Excellence
- Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST Scholarship scheme for the underprivileged candidates to pursue Postgraduation in Professional courses.
- Scholarship Scheme for PG Courses (Based on Graduation marks) Scholarship Scheme for meritorious students seeking admission to PG Courses.
- Teaching Assistant Option Exclusive scheme for ME Students providing them with Stipend of 5000 to 8000/- per teaching month per semester.
Across the Country
among Universities Across the Country
among Top Engineering Institutions
among All IndiaBest Private Universities Rankings
among PrivateUniversities in North India
among PrivateUniversities in Punjab
in India forInfrastructure and Facilities amongst Private Universities
as multidisciplinary emerging University in India
as private multidisciplinary University in North Zone
as private multidisciplinary University in India
in North India (Govt. & Pvt.)
in all over India (Govt. & Pvt.)
Empower yourself with complete information & insights into your Master's program.Download Brochure
International Articulation Program - M.E. - Electronics and Communication Engineering (1+1)
1 year study at Chandigarh University & 1 year at partner universities in USA
Semester Exchange Program
The student exchange program permits our students to visit Institutions in Canada, Germany, Switzerland and many other countries. Also, students from participating Universities will visit us for specific course work or projects. Student Exchange Program is based on 1+1 (1 year at CU and 1 Year at Aboard University)
Electronics & Communications engineering
The major driving force for the present day Information Technology revolution is the development of Electronics Engineering. Penetration of electronics has now revolutionized other areas like health care, instrumentation, automation, remote sensing, signal processing and many more. By 2024, the Electronics & Communication sector in India is expected to be a USD 58 Billion consumer market. Growing significantly, the industry has heightened at a high rate and is expected to be bright in the coming decade as well.
- Xilinx ISI system edition 13.4
- Xilix Vivado
- Cadence University UG Bundle
- OptiSystem 13.x
- QualNet 6.1
- Software Flow Code V4 (for PIC, AVR, ARM, DsPIC)
- Zigbee Training Module
- Mobile Phone Communication Training Module
- Matlab-2020 (Full Version)
- ESA-L 9 KHz-1.5 GHz Spectrum Analyzer (Agilent)
- AGMATEL DMM (High resistance Desktop model)
- COMSOL Multi-Physics
- Microstrip RF Trainer Kit
- Optical Splicer
Our Research Groups
Technologies & System
- Mobile, Wireless Network & Applications
- 4G/5G Communications and Network
- Wireless Sensor Network & Ad HOC Networks
- Security in Mobile and Wireless
- UWB Communication
- Cognitive Radio
- Reconfigurable Communication System
Machine Vision & Signal Processing
- Mobile Vision Application
- Computer and Robot Vision
- Image Processing
- Medical & Biomedical Imaging
- Signal Processing for Satellite and Underwater Communication
- Audio/Speech & Video Processing and Systems
RF, Microwave & Wearable Technology
- Computational method in Electromagnetic Theory
- RF & Antenna Design, Mobile and Vehicular Antennas
- RFID Antennas and Systems, Broadband/Ultra-Wideband Antennas
- Microwave/MM-Wave/THz Circuits and Systems
- Implantable & Wearable Antennas
& IC Design
- Microelectronics Design Technology and Fabrication Process
- Micro-Nano Systems
- High Speed Electronics Devices
- Sensor Fabrication
- Analog and Mixed Signal Integrated Circuits
- Electronic Design Automation
- Digital System Design using HDL
Automation & Robotics
- Networked Real-time Embedded System
- Robot Learning with machine learning techniques
- Algorithms for Planning and Control Robot Motion
- IOT & Cloud of things Architecture
- Embedded Sensing and Computing
- Robot Sensors and Sensor Networks
- Autonomous Vehicle
Computing & optimization techniques
- Data Mining System
- Artificial Intelligence
- Interconnection Networks & Network Based Computing
- Cryptography & Information Security
- Cloud/Gird/Distributed Computing
- Software Defined Networks
- Optimization Algorithm
Record Breaking Placement Numbers
I chose Chandigarh University, particularly because of the immense number of opportunities that they provide and the future it will give me. As far as placements are concerned, Training and Placement department played a major role in bridging the areas where I was lacking. I am thankful to the department faculty and placement cell to help me in achieving academic and professional goals. Due to the immense support from my department and Chandigarh University, I got opportunity to work as an SCO design Engineer in INTEL India Ltd.
Placed in INTEL India Ltd.
Package 10 LPA
Choosing CU was the best decision I ever made. I started to dream BIG after joining it! It was the persistent efforts and counseling of my mentors that helped me to develop as a person and skillfully as a professional. During the span of my engineering in Electronics & Communication Engineering, I didn't only learn the various methodologies of communication industry but I also reconstructed a new person out of myself and got placed as an application Engineer in Mentor Graphics, United States.
Placed in Mentor Graphics
“Think Different, Think CU”. This phrase defines Chandigarh University and the placements in one line. The aura and the competitive environment is what keep you going. The university aims at moulding you into a perfect intellectual. This is where the university justifies its mission of creating leaders. Being at CU has redefined my leadership skills. I've enjoyed every single minute which I've spent here. The able guidance of my mentors and my efforts combined is what got me placed in VIVO as an engineer.
Shubham Mahajan (ME-ECE)
Placed in VIVO
Chandigarh University has given me an astonishing platform for my Career. During my M.E in Electronics & Communication Engineering, my mentors challenged and pushed me to be better and creative in my projects and this environment not only helped me in imbibing knowledge but also in developing my overall personality, fueling confidence in me. I can surely see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to Chandigarh University who continuously provided assistance regarding the placement in “Deloitte Consulting” as an Application Developer and every faculty member of Electronics & Communication Engineering Department.
Geetanjali Baghel (ME-ECE)
Placed in Deloitte
Early Bird Scholarship
To acknowledge the dedication and hard work of the meritorious students who have proved their mettle in graduation, and are still in the race to achieve their dream career, Chandigarh University has come up with an ‘Early Bird Scholarship’. The Scholarship will be available to the graduate students for the admission in all the Master’s level program of Chandigarh University (excluding MBA), for the 2021-22 session as per the following condition-
- 15 (Fifteen) percent Scholarship to be given to the students who have completed Bachelor’s degree from Chandigarh University.
- 10 (Ten) percent Scholarship to the students who have completed their Bachelor’s degree from other Universities.
How to Apply?
Step 1 - Signup
Sign up or Register for CUCET with basic details (Name, Email ID, Mobile No., State, Gender and Password). Your Email ID will act as your Username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
On successful registration, you will receive the confirmation message on your registered contact number and Email. Use the Username and Password to Login to your CUCET Account.Sign Up
Step 2 - Apply
After successfully creating your candidate profile for CUCET, you can proceed with choosing the Date for your examination. Complete your profile by logging into your CUCET account and choose an examination date as per your convenience and preference.Apply Now
Step 3 - Submit
You become eligible for admission into Chandigarh University after clearing the CUCET examination. Following your attempt at CUCET, the result will shortly be intimated, based on which you can submit your application for admission and avail merit-based scholarship.Apply Now