M.E. in Transportation Engineering
at Chandigarh University
The Chandīgarh University is running two year P.G program in Transportation Engineering in full time mode. Transportation Engineering is a specialization of Civil Engineering involved in the planning, design, operation, maintenance, safe, and efficient transportation systems. The Chandigarh University provides the facility of skill development to its students along with the theoretical and software knowledge and prepares the students to use this skill and knowledge for the development of the safe, healthy, economical, and sustainable transportation system which includes roadways, railways, waterways, and intermodal transportation system.
The Chandigarh University motivates its postgraduate student to go for the research as per the industrial demand by providing the world class research facilities and collaborating with the international universities and the industries. The Chandigarh University gives an opportunity to the students to learn the latest software such as MXRoad, OPEN ROAD by providing words class computer lab facilities to meet the industrial requirement. During the dissertation work in final year, the Chandigarh University motivates their students to work on interdisciplinary projects with high social impact.
at a glance
- Industry-oriented program with hands-on learning
- 100 MoUs related to Civil department signed with international partners
- Faculty-student joint research programs
- Cutting-edge academia for interdisciplinary & traditional programmes
- Range of optional courses to integrate with the degree
- Concrete Laboratory
- Transportation Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- Structural Analysis Laboratory
- Geotechnical Laboratory
- Hydraulics Laboratory
- Surveying laboratory
- Fluid Lab
- Project Planning Lab
- Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST Scholarship scheme for the underprivileged candidates to pursue Postgraduation in Professional courses.
- Scholarship Scheme for PG Courses (Based on Graduation marks) Scholarship Scheme for meritorious students seeking admission to PG Courses.
- Teaching Assistant Option Exclusive scheme for ME Students providing them with Stipend of 5000 to 8000/- per teaching month per semester.
Across the Country
among Universities Across the Country
among Top Engineering Institutions
among All IndiaBest Private Universities Rankings
among PrivateUniversities in North India
among PrivateUniversities in Punjab
in India forInfrastructure and Facilities amongst Private Universities
as multidisciplinary emerging University in India
as private multidisciplinary University in North Zone
as private multidisciplinary University in India
in North India (Govt. & Pvt.)
in all over India (Govt. & Pvt.)
Empower yourself with complete information & insights into your Master's program.Download Brochure
International Articulation Program - M.E.- Civil Engineering (1+1)
1 year study at Chandigarh University & 1 year at partner universities in USA
Semester Exchange Program
The student exchange program permits our students to visit Institutions in Canada, Germany, Switzerland and many other countries. Also, students from participating Universities will visit us for specific course work or projects. Student Exchange Program is based on 1+1 (1 year at CU and 1 Year at Aboard University)
Pathway After M.E. Transportation Engineering
The objective of the program is to have an in - depth knowledge in Traffic Engineering, Transport Planning, Highway Design and Construction, Sustainable Urban and Transport Development and will be efficient enough to take up projects in the field. As the students have a hands on experience in working with the Software, live projects, field visits to various organizations and training sessions during the course of study, they will be full-fledged Transport and Highway Planner
Career options/job profiles
- Highway Alignment Engineer
- Section Engineer
- Airport planner
- Pavement designer
- OPEN ROAD
Areas of employment
- Education (Lecturer, Assistant Professor)
- Govt. Deptt. (NHAI, Central Road Research Institute (CRR)City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO) Etc.)
- Private Companies (Larsen & Toubro Infrastructure Development Projects Limited (L&T IDPL), Reliance Infrastructure Limited, GMR Infrastructure Limited, IRB Infrastructure Developers Limited, Jaiprakash Associates Limited, Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited, Hindustan Construction Company. etc.)
- Road Construction Managers
- Highway Design Engineer
- Highway Site Engineer
- Highway Testing Engineer
- Highway Safety Engineer
Record Breaking Placement Numbers
I am in debited to Chandigarh University. The fcaulty has put in great efforts to groom me into a true corporate professionals. The years spent here have been full of learning opportunities and gathering knowledge on every front.
M.E. Structures, Assistant Engineer (Bridges)
Placed in : LEA Associates South Asia Pvt Ltd.
Studying at the Chandigarh University brought value to my life and it helped to bring the best out of me. the faculty is extremely dedicated towards the students and helps them get through and learn the theoratical and practical speacts of the subjects.
Mohammad Amin Rahimi
M.E. CTM, Program Manager
Placed in: Mercy Corps International Organization
The excellent faculty focuses on students' career goals by imparting proper guidance based on one's strengths and passion. The two years spent here were a splendid experience and have helped me excel professionally as well as personally. It was indeed a memorable period of my life.
M.E. CTM, Planning & Billing Engineer in Mynmar
Placed in : Punj Llyod –Varaha Infra Ltd. (JV)
Early Bird Scholarship
To acknowledge the dedication and hard work of the meritorious students who have proved their mettle in graduation, and are still in the race to achieve their dream career, Chandigarh University has come up with an ‘Early Bird Scholarship’. The Scholarship will be available to the graduate students for the admission in all the Master’s level program of Chandigarh University (excluding MBA), for the 2021-22 session as per the following condition-
- 15 (Fifteen) percent Scholarship to be given to the students who have completed Bachelor’s degree from Chandigarh University.
- 10 (Ten) percent Scholarship to the students who have completed their Bachelor’s degree from other Universities.
How to Apply?
Step 1 - Signup
Sign up or Register for CUCET with basic details (Name, Email ID, Mobile No., State, Gender and Password). Your Email ID will act as your Username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
On successful registration, you will receive the confirmation message on your registered contact number and Email. Use the Username and Password to Login to your CUCET Account.Sign Up
Step 2 - Apply
After successfully creating your candidate profile for CUCET, you can proceed with choosing the Date for your examination. Complete your profile by logging into your CUCET account and choose an examination date as per your convenience and preference.Apply Now
Step 3 - Submit
You become eligible for admission into Chandigarh University after clearing the CUCET examination. Following your attempt at CUCET, the result will shortly be intimated, based on which you can submit your application for admission and avail merit-based scholarship.Apply Now