About the Course
The specialization in Data Analytics equips students with the skills to do intelligent analysis of data, which is a crucial component in numerous business applications and supporting business decisions. The program is designed to cater to the ever-changing needs and demands of the industry. Data Analysis experts are among the most sought-after professionals in IT sector, with demand for skilled technocrats in that field outpacing other IT jobs by a wide margin.
AREA OF STUDY IN BIG DATA & ANALYTICS
- Data Science principles, tools, and techniques to solve ‘real world’ business problems and suggest suitable solutions with relevant findings.
- Identify issues in everyday business; apply Data Science for better understanding of data-driven management decisions to help get an edge over competition.
- Provide insights into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles.
- Produce new and creative analytic solutions which can become a part of any business core deliverable.
- Get insights on how to improve business results by building data-fueled products
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Watch the Program Video
JOB PROFILES BIG DATA & ANALYTICS
- Data analyst
- Data scientist
- Big data Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Data Architect
- Database Manager
PROMINENT INDUSTRIES THAT APPLY BIG DATA & ANALYTICS
- Financial Markets
- Retail Banking
- Mining and Resources
- Web analytics
- Web analytics
Computer Science Engineering students created history as global financial technology and professional services firm, Arcesium offered the highest package of Rs. 35 Lacs, while Global e-Commerce Multi-National Amazon offered the highest package of Rs. 31.77 lacs for the CSE/IT Engineering branch. IT giants such as Microsoft, IBM, SAP Labs, Hewlett Packard visited CU and recruited more than 2030 CSE/IT Engineering students. World’s top IT giant Microsoft selected Computer Science and IT Engineering students consecutively for last three years, while number the selections have increased three times and touched 15. India’s leading IT Company Wipro (394), Capgemini (217), Mindtree (101) while the global IT giant IBM also selected record number of 196 engineering students which is highest number of selections made in any campus in North India.
OUR TOP RECRUITERS