About this course
Legal Studies is an interdisciplinary, liberal arts major that engages the meanings, values, practices, and institutions of law and legality. Law is one of the popular career choices that not only lets you practice as a lawyer in the courts, but also opens up career options in sectors like corporate, legal services and administrative services.
Department of Legal Studies
Ranked among the best college for legal studies in Punjab, UILS offers a five year integrated degree program in Bachelor of Arts as well as Bachelor of Law (B.A. LL.B) - Honours that gives you professional and scholarly skill-set necessary for a general understanding of the law as well as for law-related careers. The curriculum of UILS has been efficiently prepared with an intention to nurture dedicated professionals who are already trained in a legal framework. Apart from studying the regular subjects, the students are exposed to the contemporary laws, judgments and practices required in the related sectors of India.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Pathway After Law Graduate
Law graduates can expect better job opportunities in India as well as abroad as many LPOs have started to recruit young law graduates. A plethora of opportunities for these graduates include-
- Advocate in a court of law or work with corporate firms.
- By clearing exams conducted by Public Service Commissions, a law graduate can become a judge.
- Solicitor General, a Public Prosecutor or offer services to government departments and ministries.
- One can also work as a legal adviser for various organizations.
- Teaching, working with NGOs and working as a reporter for newspapers and television channels are other attractive options.