About this course
Law is one of the popular career choices in our country for a long time. Anyone can choose to study law as long as one has the passion for it. Most famous specialization for law graduates is in either civil or criminal laws. However, now students can opt to specialize in any of the various options offered like patent laws, corporate laws, etc. A degree in law not only lets you practice as a lawyer in the courts in the company but also opens up career options in sectors like corporate management, legal services and administrative services.
Department of Legal Studies
Commenced with a vision to mutate legal studies, University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), approved by Bar Council of India works in the pursuit of delivering excellence. We hone compassionate legal experts of tomorrow who can critically interpret and evaluate the need of instance, irrespective of evolving challenges occurring synchronously.
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Pathway After Law Graduate
There is a plethora of opportunities for a law graduate.
- Advocate in a court of law or work with corporate firms.
- By clearing exams conducted by Public Service Commissions, a law graduate can become a judge.
- Solicitor General, a Public Prosecutor or offer services to government departments and ministries.
- One can also work as a legal adviser for various organizations.
- Teaching, working with NGOs and working as a reporter for newspapers and television channels are other attractive options.