About this course
Chemical engineering is one of the major engineering disciplines concerned with production of chemicals and the manufacture of products through chemical processes.
At UIE - ranked among the premier and best Chemical Engineering college in Punjab, we initially start with inculcating the fundamentals of engineering and then raise the bar up to the sophisticated concepts of Chemical Engineering. Our curriculum offers additional benefits in terms of workshops, special lectures, projects, internships, research papers and more. Pursue engineering course from University Institute of Engineering, best Chemical engineering college in Punjab.
According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of chemical engineers is projected to grow 2 percent from 2014 to 2024.
Department at a glance
- Hands-on exposure to Next- Gen Technologies
- Globally Comparable, Flexible & Choice Based Academics
- Custom- designed Curriculum in-line with Industry Demands
- Unprecedented Industry Patronage
- Best Placements
- Research based & Experiential Learning
Watch the Program Video
Pathway After Chemical Engineering
Chemical engineers work in offices as well as laboratories. Upon completion of your degree you can work in versatile sectors as a design professional and technician or work on-site. The industries that employ chemical engineers are as follows: Architectural, Engineering, Artificial synthetic fibers and filaments manufacturing, Petroleum and coal products manufacturing, Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, Business services, Health-Care industries and more.
Top companies recruiting Chemical Engineers are as follows:
- Oil and Gas, Energy: Reliance Industries Ltd, Schlumberger, Shell, Cairn, BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Technip, Schneider Electric
- Government: BPCL, ONGC, IOCL, HPCL, GAIL
- Manufacturing and consumer goods: Asian paints, HUL, Procter & Gamble, ITC Ltd, MRF Ltd, Renault Nissan Technologies, TVS Motors.
- Pharmaceuticals: Dr.Reddys Labs, Biocon
- Biocon Chemicals: TATA Chemicals, Galaxy Surfactants Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical Ltd, VA Tech Wabag, Zuari fertilizers and cements
- Consulting firms: Frost & Sullivan