About this course
Ranked among the Best Pharmacy Colleges in Punjab, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (UIPS), Chandigarh University is now offering a two-year M. Pharmacy program with a specialization in Pharmacology. Pharmacology is an integral part of biomedical sciences that deals with the study of drug action, its adverse effects, etc. and works closely with a wide variety of disciplines such as neuroscience, molecular and cell biology, immunology, etc. Our course-set includes one year of theory examination (first year) and one year thesis-based research work (second year), and covers all verticals of research in life sciences.
- Discovering new medicines via studying pharmacological potential of chemicals.
- Study of drug distribution & behavior in biological system
- Study of toxicological behavior of synthetic/natural substances
- Development of new technologies majorly emphasizing Artificial Intelligence & Biochemical Investigation.
- Supportive studies for developing targeted drug delivery technologies
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Pathway After Master of Pharmacy (Pharmacology)
This specialization is considered to be having a wider spectrum of employability, as it covers corporate, academia, research, and Government sector jobs. The job prospects range from Clinical Pharmacist to Pharmacovigilance Scientist, covering academic jobs (Pharmacologist), Drug Safety Associate, Research Scientist, Clinical Data Scientist, Drug Controller Officer and many more.