About this course
Chemical engineering is one of the major engineering disciplines concerned with production of chemicals and the manufacture of products through chemical processes.
At UIE - ranked among the premier and best Chemical Engineering college in Punjab, we initially start with inculcating the fundamentals of engineering and then raise the bar up to the sophisticated concepts of Chemical Engineering. Our curriculum offers additional benefits in terms of workshops, special lectures, projects, internships, research papers and more. Pursue engineering course from University Institute of Engineering, best Chemical engineering college in Punjab.
According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of chemical engineers is projected to grow 2 percent from 2014 to 2024.
Department at a glance
- Hands-on exposure to Next- Gen Technologies
- Globally Comparable, Flexible & Choice Based Academics
- Custom- designed Curriculum in-line with Industry Demands
- Unprecedented Industry Patronage
- Best Placements
- Research based & Experiential Learning
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Biology with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in the aggregate.
|Semester Fee||80000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|40000/- INR||40000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|20000/- INR||60000/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|8000/- INR||72000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Pathway After Chemical Engineering
Chemical engineers work in offices as well as laboratories. Upon completion of your degree you can work in versatile sectors as a design professional and technician or work on-site. The industries that employ chemical engineers are as follows: Architectural, Engineering, Artificial synthetic fibers and filaments manufacturing, Petroleum and coal products manufacturing, Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, Business services, Health-Care industries and more.
Top companies recruiting Chemical Engineers are as follows:
- Oil and Gas, Energy: Reliance Industries Ltd, Schlumberger, Shell, Cairn, BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Technip, Schneider Electric
- Government: BPCL, ONGC, IOCL, HPCL, GAIL
- Manufacturing and consumer goods: Asian paints, HUL, Procter & Gamble, ITC Ltd, MRF Ltd, Renault Nissan Technologies, TVS Motors.
- Pharmaceuticals: Dr.Reddys Labs, Biocon
- Biocon Chemicals: TATA Chemicals, Galaxy Surfactants Ltd, Sumitomo Chemical Ltd, VA Tech Wabag, Zuari fertilizers and cements
- Consulting firms: Frost & Sullivan