About this course
Since the days of Edison and Tesla and electricity’s emergence as a utility, electrical engineers have been at the forefront of some of the greatest technological advances.
Electrical Engineering as a career and field of study has a high scope in India even beyond what is examined. It is a field that drives every other one since its application in electricity is the power behind all forms of industry either small or well established one. It will ever continue to grow as time passes. Electrical engineering generally deals with the generation of electricity, the transmission and the distribution to the consumers.
Pursue Electrical Engineering at Best Electrical Engineering College in Punjab, works with intent to craft Professionals, Researchers and Entrepreneurs through the industry aligned prospectus, state-of-the-art labs and experiential learning.
Electrical Engineers in India can secure jobs in power distribution companies, power plants, railways, metro rails, the aviation sector, manufacturing sector and various government organizations.
Department at a glance
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System
- Industry Visits to Hydel & Thermal Power Plants
- Unprecedented Industry Patronage
- Impeccable Placements
- Project based & Experiential Learning
- Industry-aligned Curriculum
- Course Content of IAS Examination comprises mainly of Curriculum of BE(EE) program
- Worldwide, all Emerging technologies of today`s scenario coherence with Curriculum of BE(EE) program
- Switchgear & Protection Lab
- Innovation Lab for sustainability Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Simulation Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab
- Linear Control Systems Lab
- Electrical Measurements and Measuring Instruments (EMMI) Lab
- Machine Rewinding Workshop
- Electrical Machines Lab
- Analog and Digital Electronics Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
Watch the Program Video
Pathway After Electrical Engineering
Electrical engineers can work in atomic power plants, hydel or thermal power plants. Job opportunities are ample in both private and public sectors like railways, civil aviation, electricity board and utility companies, electrical design and consultancy firms and all types of manufacturing industries.
Top companies recruiting Electrical Engineers are as follows:
- Crompton Greaves Limited
- Reliance Power Ltd
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Bajaj International Private Ltd
- Siemens Ltd
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
- NTPC, NHPC