Mechanical Engineering at Chandigarh University
Mechanical Engineering is the art and science of designing, development and control of systems and components such as fluid mechanics, material science, thermodynamics, kinematics, etc. Mechanical engineers use these core concepts paired with tools like Computer-Aided Design (CAD), and product lifecycle management to design, analyze and manufacturing of equipments.
Department of Mechanical Engineering - widely recognized as one among the best Mechanical engineering college in Punjab has established a trademark in entire region by producing a competent workforce in the past years. Our course curriculum equips students with the expert knowledge and skills demanded in the wide-ranging areas of this oldest yet promising engineering discipline.
According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of mechanical engineers is projected to grow 5 percent from 2014 to 2024.
Department at a glance
- Globally Comparable, Flexible Choice Based Academics
- Curriculum designed with Inputs of Industry Leaders
- Industry Sponsored Labs
- Outstanding Placements
- Project based & Experiential Learning
INDUSTRY SPONSORED INFRASTRUCTURE
- MSC Center of Excellence
- Applied Thermodynamics Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Mechanical Measurement And Control Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Lab
- Fluid Machinery Lab
- Mechanical Vibrations Lab
- Automobile Lab
- Industrial Automation and Robotics
Watch the Program Video
Pathway After Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineers play a vital role in varied industries such as automotive, manufacturing, automation, aerospace, biotechnology, computers and electronics, chemical, construction, energy conversion and more. A Mechanical Engineer can work in both private or public companies. The degree holders are acquired by many big firms both in India and abroad.
Top companies recruiting Mechanical Engineers are as follows:
- Ashok Leyland
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Tata Motors
- PSUs such as BHEL, BPCL, DRDO, Indian Oil, GAIL, NTPC.
- IT firms such as Infosys, TCS, Wipro, HCL, Tech Mahindra.
- Maruti Suzuki
- Various construction giants like L&T