M.E. + Ph.D. Integrated at
The Master of Engineering + Doctor of Philosophy (M.E. + Ph.D.) at Chandigarh University is an integrated doctoral program for the students interested in a research-oriented career. The program is open for students with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and involves foundation courses, advanced courses and research work. On successful completion of the program, the candidate will be awarded both the M.E. and Ph.D. degrees.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Create unbelievable models with world-class infrastructure and lab facilities
- Scientific methods and principles of engineering
- 6.5% CAGR Growth expected by 2024
- Technology-aligned and Industry-oriented program
- Engineering behavior of Earth materials
- Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
Program at a glance
M.E. + Ph.D. Duration
Minimum 5 years. For the first 2 years, the course curriculum is inclined towards an M.E. degree, followed by research work of a minimum of 3 years for the Ph.D.
Teaching Assistantship (T.A.) will start in the 2nd Year for the candidates who secured more than 7.5 CG PA in 1st Year.
- 2nd year @ Rs. 12000 p.m.
- 4th year @ Rs. 20000 p.m.
- 3rd year @ Rs. 16000 p.m.
- 5th year @ Rs. 24000 p.m.
A candidate who has completed M.E. 1st year (non-integrated) and has cleared GATE will have privilege to opt for M.E. + Ph.D. integrated in the 2nd year.
PG Diploma will be offered to candidates who clear the entire course works but due to certain reason could not complete the thesis in 2nd year.
M.E. Project vis-a-vis Ph.D. Project
The projects/dissertation undertaken by the students during M.E. and Ph.D. can be from the same research domain.
Research Degree Committee
The University Research Degree Committee will monitor the research working of the M.E. + Ph.D. students.
How to Apply?
Step 1 - Signup
Sign up or Register for CUCET with basic details (Name, Email ID, Mobile No., State, Gender and Password). Your Email ID will act as your Username for the portal while the password will be set by you upon registration.
On successful registration, you will receive the confirmation message on your registered contact number and Email. Use the Username and Password to Login to your CUCET Account.Sign Up
Step 2 - Apply
After successfully creating your candidate profile for CUCET, you can proceed with choosing the Date for your examination. Complete your profile by logging into your CUCET account and choose an examination date as per your convenience and preference.Apply Now
Step 3 - Submit
You become eligible for admission into Chandigarh University after clearing the CUCET examination. Following your attempt at CUCET, the result will shortly be intimated, based on which you can submit your application for admission and avail merit-based scholarship.Apply Now