About this course
The Master of Engineering + Doctor of Philosophy (M.E. + Ph.D.) at Chandigarh University is an integrated doctoral program for the students interested in a research-oriented career. The program is open for students with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and involves foundation courses, advanced courses and research work. On successful completion of the program, the candidate will be awarded both the M.E. and Ph.D. degrees.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industry Oriented Curriculum Comparable with World’s Top Universities
- Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS)
- Project Based & Experiential Learning
- More Than 70 Open Electives To Pursue Inner Delight
- Advanced Technologies & Integration For Premium Placements
- Merit Based Scholarships For Academic Session
- Scholarship Scheme For Wards Of Defence Personnel Armed Forces Educational Welfare Scheme (Afews)
- Sports Based Scholarships/Freeships
- Other Important Scholarship Schemes
M.E. + Ph.D. Duration
Minimum 5 years. For the first 2 years, the course curriculum is inclined towards an M.E. degree, followed by research work of a minimum of 3 years for the Ph.D.
Teaching Assistantship (T.A.) will start in the 2nd Year for the candidates who secured more than 7.5 CG PA in 1st Year.
- 2nd year @ Rs. 12000 p.m.
- 3rd year @ Rs. 16000 p.m.
- 4th year @ Rs. 20000 p.m.
- 5th year @ Rs. 24000 p.m.
A candidate who has completed M.E. 1st year (non-integrated) and has cleared GATE will have privilege to opt for M.E. + Ph.D. integrated in the 2nd year.
PG Diploma will be offered to candidates who clear the entire course works but due to certain reason could not complete the thesis in 2nd year.
M.E. Project vis-a-vis Ph.D. Project
The projects/dissertation undertaken by the students during M.E. and Ph.D. can be from the same research domain.
Research Degree Committee
The University Research Degree Committee will monitor the research working of the M.E. + Ph.D. students.