About this course
Electronics and Communication Engineering is an applied form of science that deals with principles and practical aspects related to design and development of various everyday devices like radios, televisions, laptops, mobile phones, machine robots etc. The discipline concerns with electronics devices and software interfaces. Electronics and Communication engineers engage in research, design, development and maintenance of equipments, devices and systems involved in the field of communication.
Electronics and Communication Engineering at UIE, the Best ECE Engineering College in Punjab objects to produce quality professionals who can enter the challenging industry by carrying out Basic and Applied Research.
The major driving force for the present day Information Technology revolution is the development in Electronics Engineering. Penetration of electronics has now revolutionized other areas like health care, instrumentation, automation, remote sensing, signal processing and many more. By 2020, the Electronics & Communication sector in India is expected to be an USD 29 Billion consumer market. Telecommunication, industrial, and aerospace & defense, the top three market of VLSI Industry are expected to grow to 7.23 Billion USD by 2022. This sector contributes significantly to the economy of most of the countries and includes both wired and wireless communication; 3G and 4G LTE services that are widely being adopted throughout the world.
Department at a glance
- Research Intensive Academia
- Globally Comparable, Industry - Aligned Curriculum
- Unprecedented Industry Patronage
- Impeccable Placements
- Project based & Experiential Learning
Industry Sponsored Labs
- Intel - IOT & Intelligent System Lab
- Videocon Connect Advanced Communication Lab
- Wipro: IT & Multimedia Lab
- Truechip System Verification IP Lab
- Texas Instruments Innovation Centre
- Uipath Robotics Process Automation Lab
Eligibility & Fee Details
Eligibility - 10+2 with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with any two of the following subjects: Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Biology with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in the aggregate.
|Semester Fee||80000/- INR|
|PARAMETERS||CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT||AMOUNT TO PAY AFTER CUSAT SCHOLARSHIP|
|100% of semester fees
Top 1% students on the basis of merit
|50% of semester fees
Next 2% students on the basis of merit
|40000/- INR||40000/- INR|
|25% of semester fees
Next 3% students on the basis of merit
|20000/- INR||60000/- INR|
|10% of semester fees
Next 4% students on the basis of merit
|8000/- INR||72000/- INR|
* The students who will score 60% or more marks in CU-SAT will be offered at least 5% scholarship in the course fee.
|OTHER FEE DETAILS||AMOUNT|
|Refundable Security (One Time)||2000/- INR|
|Fee Regular Exam (Sem Wise)||1500/- INR|
|Alumni Fee||To be charged in the pass out year|
|Participation in Red Cross||Optional|
Watch the Program Video
Pathway After Electronics And Communication engineering
The students from Electronics & Communication Engineering can develop an exciting career in industries like Mobile & Telecommunication, Manufacturing & Automation, Medical Electronics, Defense Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Semiconductor Design and IT industries.
Graduates in Electronics and Communication Engineering are acquired by both government and private bodies in the areas of design, manufacture, installation, operation, and maintenance of electronics equipment and systems.
We want to divide the top recruiter list in four categories as mentioned below:
- Core Companies such as Intel, Samsung, Texas Instruments, Nvidia, Motorola, Verizon.
- Telecommunication Industry such as Ericsson, Airtel, Vodafone, Siemens, Videocon, Emerson.
- Govt. Departments/PSUs such as ISRO, BHEL, NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, BEL.
- IT Companies such as Microsoft, Google, Infosys, TCS, IBM, Wipro, Accenture, HCL.